The sun’s rays are great allies of the skin when we expose ourselves to them properly. However, they can represent a risk for it if there is an overexposure without proper care.
Therefore, we always recommend using sunscreen to prevent sun damage.
In addition to sunblock, some foods will help you minimize the damage of prolonged exposure
Here we leave a list of foods that have photoprotective properties. These nourish the dermis while repairing the damage of UV rays and preventing skin cancer.
1. Bitter chocolate
Bitter chocolate acts as a shield against sun damage because it contains antioxidant compounds such as phenols and catechin.
- The only thing you need is to eat a square of bitter chocolate daily.
- Of course, you must ensure that it is as high in cocoa as possible. This means that you should look for chocolates that have at least 70% cocoa.
Tomatoes are rich in lycopene, a natural element that protects the skin from sunlight and neutralizes harmful effects. ayuda a retrasar el envejecimiento de la piel. Over time, this protection helps delay the aging of the skin.
- We recommend consuming one or two tomatoes a day. Remember that you can eat it in salad, as part of your shakes or just with a little lemon and salt.
- The idea is to be in your diet several times a week.
3. Green tea
. The properties of green tea strengthen your immune system, cleanse your skin and speed up your . This means that it is equally useful if you try to protect yourself from sun damage as if you are already suffering from it.
- Drinking one or two cups of green tea a day will be enough to reduce redness and repair broken capillary veins .
4. Red pepper
Red peppers are rich in an antioxidant called capsiate . This decreases the damage caused by UV rays and reduces inflammation.
- If this vegetable is not usually part of your diet, it is a good time to include it. Although it is best to eat it raw or roasted, any type of cooking will serve you.
contiene alicina, un compuesto con propiedades antioxidantes y curativas. The allicin contains, a compound with antioxidant and healing properties. Allicin stimulates detoxification and reduces swelling while protecting the skin from aging caused by UV rays.
- Try to include a little natural garlic in your diet every day.
- It is important that you make sure it is natural to prevent preservatives and salt from affecting your health.
6. Aloe vera juice
Aloe vera helps soothe sunburns and soften the wrinkles it causes. This ingredient has healing properties that will help regenerate the skin and heal tissues and cells of the dermis.
- You can use aloe vera juice as an ointment to reduce sun damage, or include it as an ingredient in your shakes to attack the problem from within.
7. Olive oil
- Some people apply this oil to calm the redness caused by the continuous exposure to the sun.
- However, you do not need to wait to have the problem to take advantage of it since you can use it to flavor your salads or cook your dishes.
The pomegranate is rich in antioxidants that are responsible for combating the effects of free radicals in skin cells.
- The seeds of this fruit are ideal to combat sun damage and to diminish the effects of skin cancer .
- It is also known to be very helpful in minimizing wrinkles, acting as a sunscreen and inhibiting hyperpigmentation.
9. Citrus fruits
contienen grandes niveles de compuestos de limoneno. The contain high levels of limonene compounds.
- Limonene strengthens skin cells and protects them from damage by the sun .
- In addition, citrus fruits have flavonoids that improve the ability of the skin to recover from the damage caused by sun exposure.
carotenos, unos pigmentos vegetales ricos en antioxidantes . The carrot is a vegetable that contains carotenes, plant pigments rich in antioxidants . These help protect the skin from the burns it receives from prolonged exposure to the sun.
- Try to include a cup of carrots in your diet throughout the year, especially during the summer months.
Why should you take care of your skin from sun damage?
es una parte fundamental de nuestro cuerpo, pues es la a encargada de proteger a los órganos internos. The is a fundamental part of our body, because it is the one in charge of protecting the internal organs. In case the above does not seem enough, you should know that the skin can reveal your state of health.
As you can see, it is very important that you take care of the ultraviolet rays .
Do it consciously and with caution because, although at first you do not perceive much damage when exposed to the sun, then you could suffer the consequences.
Main image courtesy of © wikiHow.com