Red wine is an alcoholic beverage that, for centuries, has been part of hundreds of cultures around the world.
Usually eaten during celebrations or special occasions, although many prefer it for lunch or dinner.
In recent years it has become quite popular, not only because it is exquisite, but because its nutritional properties have been valued as a complement to health.
Its main asset, resveratrol, decreases the risk of cellular aging and other negative effects caused by free radicals in the environment.
In addition, it provides vitamins and minerals that, after being assimilated, support the proper functioning of the body’s main systems.
For this reason, below we want to share 10 good reasons to take it in a moderate way without having remorse.
1. Prevents obesity
The antioxidants contained in red wine have the ability to activate the function of a gene that prevents the formation of new fat cells.
- This quality, in addition to its , reduces the risk of obesity and supports the loss of fat in overweight patients.
2. Eliminates oral bacteria
The consumption of a small glass of red wine a day can be key in the prevention of diseases in the teeth and gums.
- Thanks to its antimicrobial properties it stops the growth of bacteria such as streptococci, linked to caries and gingivitis.
- In turn, it is ideal to neutralize bad breath and other symptoms derived from infections.
3. Improve cognitive functions
Resveratrol and other antioxidant compounds in red wine are beneficial for brain health.
Its absorption balances the inflammatory processes of the body and reduces the risk of arterial hardening , which is key to optimal oxygenation of the brain.
4. Protects the skin from the sun
- These antioxidants protect the cells against aggression and reduce the risk of burns and irreversible skin damage.
5. Prevent depression
Eating 3 or 4 glasses of red wine a week can help stimulate the production of hormones such as endorphins and serotonin , both associated with well-being and happiness.
- Its antioxidants decrease the segregation of cortisol and improve mood in the face of stress and depression.
6. Prevents premature aging
The antioxidant effects of the vitamins and minerals that this drink contains are a great support to protect the organs against the deterioration caused by the premature aging of the cells .
7. Improves respiratory health
Resveratrol, the active antioxidant in red wine, has the ability to protect the respiratory passages from damage caused by toxins and chemical agents in the environment.
- Its anti-inflammatory and detoxifying properties facilitate decongestion and reduce the risk of alterations in cells.
- This means that, in small doses, it is a great ally to prevent the formation of malignant tumors in the lungs.
8. Protect the heart
One glass of red wine a day for women and two for men can help reduce the risk of cardiovascular problems associated with (LDL) and hypertension.
- Its antioxidant action decreases the oxidation of lipids in the arteries and maintains its elasticity to achieve optimal blood flow.
9. Combat tiredness
Another of the great virtues of this healthy drink is that it can help to give an impulse of energy to the organism in the moments of fatigue or fatigue.
- Its nutritional properties improve cell activity and help to have a better physical and mental performance.
10. Control urinary tract infections
Due to its diuretic action and its antioxidant properties, red wine can help reduce the growth of bacteria that affect the urinary tract.
Its astringent action improves the and optimizes the elimination of waste and microorganisms that accumulate in these ducts.
Did you know these benefits of red wine? Now that you know how good it is for your body, do not hesitate to include it moderately in your diet.