Prepare eggplant may seem quite crazy, mainly because it is a vegetable that does not figure too much in terms of being the main dish of almost nothing. The funny thing is that all that perspective you have may start to change from now on.
One option that is both healthy and nutritious is to prepare stuffed aubergines. It is more common to find derivatives of this ingredient in pasta, or some type of garnish, including as snacks. But would you believe if we mentioned that it is possible to make lasagna and even tortilla with it?
And it is that what makes it possible is the versatility of the eggplant itself. It is well known that in its natural state it is delicate and soft in appearance but undergoes interesting changes when using several cooking methods.
Another important aspect in relevance and appropriate to highlight, is that it is highly recommended for health, especially for the prevention of airborne diseases . Strengthens the immune system and thanks to its antiviral and antibacterial properties its consumption is more than suggested.
Also, if you are the type of person who suffers from fluid retention or weight problems, consuming stuffed aubergines will make you go to the bathroom more often for its diuretic and antioxidant effects . Here we give you 2 recipes so you can prepare stuffed aubergines.
2 options to prepare stuffed aubergines
1. Eggplant Lasagna
Although lasagna is usually meat or chicken , today we bring you this peculiar but incredible recipe with aubergine, healthy and nutritious.
- 2 eggplants cut into slices
- 4 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil (60 ml)
- 1 pinch of salt (15 g)
- 1 pinch of ground black pepper (15 g)
- 2 ½ cups of homemade tomato sauce (375 ml)
- 4 boneless chicken breasts
- 2 cups of ricotta cheese or mozzarella (300 g)
- 3 eggs
- Start washing the aubergines very well without removing the skin.
- Preheat the oven to 180 ° C while you take care of the other steps.
- Cut the aubergines in strips (preferably in cross sections).
- Have a baking tray at hand and place the eggplant strips there. Next, use a brush and apply oil so that they do not stick when you enter the oven.
- With enough salt and pepper season the strips and put in the oven for 10 minutes until soft.
- Meanwhile, in a pan with a drizzle of oil, sauté the diced chicken breasts with the rest of the ingredients (salt, pepper, tomato sauce, eggs and ricotta cheese) until they are well integrated.
- Remove the aubergines from the oven, let them cool a little and then proceed to assemble the lasagna.
- You will do it this way: eggplant strips, layer of chicken filling, layer of cheese (the one of your choice), spoonfuls of the stew sauce, again layer of eggplant.
- So until finished. Finally, put in the oven for 30 minutes and then let cool to cut it better.
2. Eggplant omelette
- 5 eggplants
- 7 eggs
- 3 shallots
- 1 tablespoon of salt (15 g)
- 1 spoonful of black pepper (15 g)
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil (30 ml)
- Begin by cutting both shallots and aubergines into dice and reserve them.
- Then, in a frying pan with 2 tablespoons of olive oil, sauté the dices of shallots and aubergines for about 5 minutes .
- Next, crush them as best you can until they are almost flattened. Turn off the heat for a moment and make sure to drain the excess
- In a bowl, break the eggs and beat vigorously until you feel the foam. Put the pan back on the fire, wait until hot and pour the egg whisk together with the eggplant and shallots.
- Let it slowly set in the heat and do not forget the salt and pepper seasoning.
- Use a large pot lid to turn the omelet into the pan . Repeat until cooked on both sides of the tortilla.
- If it’s your preference, sprinkle a little more ground black pepper and a touch of the cheese you prefer. Now you can enjoy your delicious preparation.