Not many are lovers of the taste of vegetables and vegetables. Since childhood our parents have imposed the rule of eating them every day to be healthy and, believe us, they were not wrong. For that reason, we bring you 3 ways to prepare skewers with vegetables that we are sure you will like.
The vegetables are the perfect food to obtain the necessary nutrients to be in optimal conditions. In addition to granting you vitamins and minerals, they offer you multiple benefits such as fiber, which helps you lose weight, and some proteins that fill you with energy.
However, not all share the same taste for them, perhaps it is because they were imposed on us from a young age, the way they are cooked or simply do not like the taste. Beyond that, you should know that it is very important to incorporate them into our diet .
Today we bring you different ways to prepare vegetable skewers and give them a better flavor. It is also an excellent way to get out of the routine of always eating the same thing.
2 ways to prepare skewers with vegetables
1. Brochette of tomato, broccoli, green pepper and melted cheese
- 3 tomatoes
- 2 medium green peppers
- 2 cups of broccoli without the stem (300 g)
- 1 cup of grated cheese (150 g)
- 1 tablespoon of salt (15 g)
- ½ tablespoon of pepper (8 g)
- ½ tablespoon finely chopped parsley (8 g)
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil (15 ml)
- Wooden sticks
- First, wash and cut the sliced tomatoes, and cut them in half. The green peppers should be cut into medium pieces, and with the broccoli you will only use the sprouts. Reservation.
- Then, in a pot with a little water, boil the broccoli to soften it. Once ready, remove from heat and let cool.
- Next, place all the vegetables in a bowl and season with the olive oil, salt, pepper and parsley.
- Then, insert the vegetables in the chopsticks . You can start with the tomatoes, then the green peppers and finally the broccoli.
- When you have ready the skewers, before placing them on the fire, sprinkle some grated cheese over them.
- To give a smoked flavor to your skewers you should cook them directly on the stove, but do not let them burn: let the cheese melt and the vegetables brown.
- Finally, you can serve skewers on plates, or eat them directly .
2. Skewers with vegetables in cheese sauce
There are many ways for you to give your vegetables a good taste. Do not stop eating them, the question is how to cook them. Here you have another idea to make skewers and the best thing about it is that you can make cheese sauce yourself.
- 4 cherry tomatoes
- 1 onion
- ½ cucumber
- 1 cup of zucchini (100 g)
- 2 tablespoons of salt (30 g)
- 1 tablespoon of pepper (15 g)
- 1 spoonful of basil powder (15 g)
- ½ cup of Parmesan cheese (75 g)
- 3 tablespoons of feta cheese (60 g)
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil (30 ml)
- ¼ glass of milk (50 ml)
- 2 tablespoons of wheat flour (30 g)
- 1 tablespoon of nutmeg (15 g)
- Wooden sticks
- To start, cut the onion and zucchini into large pieces, and the cucumber and sliced cherry tomatoes.
- Then, in a bowl mix the olive oil with salt, pepper and basil. Marinate the vegetables for 20 minutes while you prepare the cheese sauce.
- Then, in a medium saucepan, pour the milk and the two types of cheese together with the and the nutmeg. Heat over medium heat until it boils and the mixture thickens.
- Then, place the marinated vegetables in the wooden sticks and place them on the grill or direct over the stove until golden brown.
- To finish, sprinkle the cheese sauce on the skewers , let it cool a bit and enjoy.
- You can also marinate your vegetables with a little English or .
- You can use any type of vegetable or vegetable for this recipe. Also, if you wish, you can grill the skewers using a kitchen torch.
- If you like, use any dressing to bathe your skewers with vegetables: this trick will give them an excellent flavor.