The use of rice on the skin comes from antiquity.
For example, in Japan ointments were made to obtain a soft and white skin made of rice.
On the other hand, in Greece they elaborated starch powders to give a smooth appearance on the face.
Currently it is one of the natural ingredients that has the same effects as renowned cosmetics.
Hydrates, nourishes, moisturizes, protects and rejuvenates the appearance of the skin. In addition, it absorbs excess fat and eliminates dead cells.
Why is it a good scrub?
Particularly rice seed contains phytic acid, an organic acid that works as an antioxidant . Among its effects are:
- Elimination of dead cells
- Improves the circulation of the dermis
- Softens the skin by removing surface layers
- Stimulates cell renewal
It is important that before putting any remedy on your skin you perform a test on a small area of the face to prevent any allergic reaction.
After using any of the following exfoliants your skin will not be the same again.
1. Rice and water
- ¼ cup of rice (55 g)
- 4 drops of lavender oil
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil (16 g)
- The first thing you have to do is to cook the rice to obtain the natural milk.
- Let cool and then incorporate it into a blender glass.
- Add drops of lavender oil and olive oil.
- Blend until a creamy paste is obtained.
- Store the result in a container and refrigerate for 10 days.
Mode of use
- After the indicated time rub the paste on the face giving circular movements.
- Let it act for 10 minutes, until it dries.
- Finally rinse and repeat twice a week.
2. Rice and strawberry seeds
- ½ cup of rice (110 g)
- 1 tablespoon strawberry seeds (15 g)
- 3 tablespoons of mineral water (45 ml)
- First you have to grind the rice until it turns into powder.
- Later, with the help of a sieve, remove any grain.
- Put it in a bowl and add the strawberry seeds.
- Then add the 3 tablespoons of mineral water.
- Mix all the ingredients until obtaining a homogeneous paste.
Mode of use
- Rinse and dry the face.
- Apply the paste with circular massage so that it is absorbed evenly.
- Leave on for 3 minutes.
- To finish, rinse with plenty of water.
3. Rice, honey and organic milk
The fusion of these 3 ingredients will help us to get an excellent exfoliant.
- Rice stimulates the production of collagen.
- thanks to its antiseptic effects, removes impurities .
- For its part, milk softens and nourishes the skin.
- 6 tablespoons of rice (120 g)
- 2 cups of mineral water (500 ml)
- 1 tablespoon of rice powder (20 g)
- 1 spoonful of honey (25 g)
- 2 teaspoons organic milk (10 ml)
- First boil the 6 tablespoons of rice in 2 cups of mineral water.
- Then let it rest for 2 minutes and strain.
- Add the powdered rice, the tablespoon of honey and milk, and mix until it forms a paste.
Mode of use
- Clean the face well and dry before applying.
- Apply the pasta with a massage.
- Wait for it to dry and remove with a cotton ball.
- Rinse with enough water.
- You have to massage more intensely in the roughest areas , especially in the T zone (forehead, nose and chin).
- Avoid applying around the eyes so that no particles fall that can cause severe damage.
- Exfoliate your face, at least, once a month.
- Use a toner to hydrate the skin after the process.
- The skin should be slightly moistened so that the remedy penetrates better.
In general it is recommended to exfoliate the face every fifteen days if you have dry skin, every week for mixed and normal skin.
For its part, oily skin needs treatment twice a week.
What are you waiting for to bring your face to life?