The so-called “eco-ideas” are fashionable. It is not just a new, more optimal way of taking care of our planet, it is also about acquiring new habits that allow us to take care of our health too. A way to surround ourselves with things that can not harm us, free of pesticides, toxic substances and harmful elements to defend ourselves from. We give you three ideas that will be very useful to you. Do we take note of these ecological ideas?
1. How to eliminate pesticide residues from our fruits and vegetables
The use of pesticides is very common when growing fruits and vegetables. They are used so that their production is greater, to prevent pests from attacking them and so that the product reaches the customer in better conditions and with better appearance.
But the reality is that these pesticides are toxic. It is true that the quantities contained in each piece of fruit and vegetables is minimal, but in the long term, it can become something cumulative and dangerous that we have to take into account. The main organ of our body responsible for getting rid of these toxins is the liver, we know. But before these elements enter our body it would be advisable to get rid of them. How? We explain it to you
Remedy with apple cider vinegar
- The first thing we will do is prepare a kind of bucket or basin where we will clean the fruit and vegetables. We can put for example (and depending on the amount of food to clean) three glasses of water and a glass of apple cider vinegar . Next, we will soak each piece of fruit and vegetables for a moment in this preparation. Only a few seconds but we will completely submerge them. Afterwards, we rinse it with normal water and let it dry.
- Keep in mind that sometimes pesticides are used that have even dyes, so they are difficult to eliminate, hence it is necessary to help us with a brush.
- There are certain products that are considered to carry more toxic waste. They are usually the following: strawberries , peppers, spinach, cherries, peaches, melon, celery, apples and cucumbers. How about we dedicate a more thorough cleaning? Do not miss one of the best ecological ideas that can do the most for your health.
2. How to purify our water with nopal
Surprised? It may seem like one of the most curious ecological ideas, but we assure you that it is really a very old custom, already used by indigenous communities. A wonderful remedy that completely eliminates the toxins present in the water.
And is that, whether we like it or not the vast majority of the countries with the largest population worldwide, we must bear in mind that, sometimes, the water that comes to us from the tap is not free of harmful elements, even if it is on a small scale . So what can we do? If you can access the wonderful cactus nopal, you can drink a water free of toxins and bacteria that can be harmful to health. More than 98% of them are eliminated by the gum produced by the nopal cactus . We explain how:
How to purify water at home with cactus?
- To achieve water purification with cactus, it is really easy. Let’s start, for example, with a liter of water . We will start by acquiring a few pieces of prickly pear. But we, we are going to use only one of them, we will slice it carefully and put it in a pot with boiling water. Wait until it boils, at least ten minutes.
- Once it is boiling, you will see how the plant begins to let go a kind of slime. This thick liquid is what will help us to purify the water. We will pick it up with a spoon or simply, with a fine sieve.
- What is next? Put this slime in a jug of water, the liter of water that we want to purify. Let sit a couple of hours and you will see how the water will be clean and without sediment. We refiltrate it with a very fine sieve – and even with a clean cloth – and you’ll have it ready to consume.
3. Dentrific homemade cheap and ecological
All the dentríficos that we buy habitually, have in their composition of triclosan, and Chlorhexidine, chemical elements that can cause irritation of the skin and favor the resistance of the bacteria. In addition to this, remember that the toothpaste comes wrapped in a plastic container, something that further increases the presence of chemicals. We propose that you make it yourself, and that you do it together with your children to have fun and learn to make natural products. Do you want to know how?
What I need?
- Mint essential oil
- Sea salt.
- White clay (important that it is for internal use, it can also have the name of kaolin).
How do I do it?
- We start by making an infusion with sage or thyme, (you know, a glass of boiling water with a small spoon of sage or thyme). Next, we filter the content.
- Then, we take two tablespoons of the infusion we have made, and we add two drops of peppermint oil and a pinch of sea salt. Very little.
- It is time to add the for internal use. Just 3 tablespoons, where we include the content made before, you know: the two tablespoons of infusion mixed with the essence of mint. Mix everything well so that it is uniform.
- Look for a suitable bottle, a glass one with a lid, for example, to then keep this toothpaste always in the fridge. One of the best ecological ideas for our day to day. I’m sure you’re doing very well.