Dry hair is a difficult problem to solve permanently. We can find specific products that achieve an immediate satisfactory effect thanks to the use of paraffins and other synthetic ingredients. However, these quickly soil the hair and damage the capillary structure progressively.
In this article we share 3 remedies with egg yolk to rehydrate dry hair. This food is very nutritious, rich in vitamins and essential fatty acids. In this way we will get a mane hydrated, soft and bright in a natural way .
The wonders of the egg
The egg is a very complete superfood. It is rich in proteins, fats, carbohydrates, vitamins and minerals . Although in recent decades it has had a bad reputation for its relationship with cholesterol, the truth is that it is a very healthy food that we can consume daily.
The yolk is the part of the egg that stands out for its content in vitamin E and omega 3 fatty acids . These nutrients are antioxidants and very healthy fats for our health. Likewise, they can also be an excellent home remedy to nourish hair and skin.
How to treat dry hair
If we have dry hair it is essential to find a way to keep it hydrated . Any external factor (climate, contamination) or internal ( stress , lack of nutrients) will harm it and aggravate the problem. For this reason, we must look for the right products that nourish it and allow it to always maintain humidity.
Although genetics is also a deciding factor in hair, our diet and lifestyle can improve or worsen hair hydration to a large extent. This is why it is essential to learn to take care of it, in a much stricter way than those people who have normal hair.
People with dry hair feel the need to cut their hair often to renew it and avoid split ends . However, with some natural remedies we can achieve a surprising effect from the first application, for example, with the egg yolk.
Remedies with egg yolk
1. Shampoo with egg
A very simple way to rehydrate dry hair instantaneously is to mix the egg yolk with our usual shampoo . In this way, we compensate the effect of the sulfates, which dry the hair fibers due to their strong detergent power.
We can also find some shampoos without sulfates, but they are more expensive and do not generate foam, which is difficult for many people to understand.
This remedy is very simple to apply:
- Separate the yolk from the and reserve it.
- At the time of lathering the hair with the shampoo, apply also the yolk on the scalp.
- Massage well and let the shampoo mix with the yolk.
- Leave on for 2 minutes.
- Wash your hair as usual.
2. Egg and vinegar conditioner
People who already have their ideal shampoo for dry hair, can add an extra hydration to their hair with a homemade conditioner based on egg yolk and apple cider vinegar. The egg nourishes in depth, while the vinegar reduces frizz, balances the pH and adds shine and softness.
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 tablespoon of apple cider vinegar (15 ml)
If we wish, we can add a few drops of an essential oil of our preference to improve the aroma: lavender, orange, mint, rosemary, etc.
Preparation and application
- Mix the two ingredients well with the help of a fork so that they can be emulsified.
- Prepare just before its application.
- After washing our hair with shampoo, apply this conditioner all over the hair.
- Leave on for 2 to 5 minutes and clarify.
3. Egg mask, oil and lemon
This treatment is the one that provides a deeper and lasting result. If we do it twice a week we can have a more hydrated and shiny hair. In addition, we can also combat hair loss .
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 tablespoon oil (15 ml)
- 2 tablespoons of lemon juice (30 ml)
Preparation and application
- Mix the three ingredients until they are well integrated.
- If we want it to be more liquid we can add a little water.
- Apply all over the hair and massage the scalp.
- Cover with a plastic and, above, with a towel.
- Leave on, at least, half an hour. We can leave it overnight if we wish .
- After the indicated time, wash the hair as usual.