The secret behind the recipes of vegetable chips lies in the right choice of the type of vegetable and the condiments for seasoning. And, being so simple to prepare, what really matters is knowing which option to choose. It may be more salty or spicy, it all depends.
These vegetable chip preparations do contain a high content of vegetable oil to achieve the crispy texture. Although to be fair, there is the baked method. This, in short, is healthier and recommended as it preserves and gilds the ingredients with greater precision , not to mention provoking it in the condiments!
Start today to prepare preparations that highlight and relieve (once and for all) the old ways of eating vegetables.
In addition, we can not overlook an important fact. And, when making vegetable chips at home, you will be supplanting a preparation that is worrisome because of the obesity and insalubrity indexes associated with potato chips . Not to mention, it’s a bad cholesterol trigger (LDL).
To be fully aware, if you are not spending time at home or go to yourself for vegetables, cut them and start with the recipe, be careful with those you choose to replace them in the supermarket. In many occasions, they are tricks or deceptions to disguise the same potatoes with dyes or small changes.
Finally, since you are aware of the information with objectivity in perspectives, scenarios and incidents, it is time for you to discover the best 3 vegetable chips that you can quickly make at home . Delicious, natural, healthy and different, do not you think?
3 way to prepare vegetable chips
1. Vegetable yucca chips
This is perhaps the tuber with the most uses that lead to this way of cooking . It is mainly because the taste of yucca itself is delicious. It does not require large amounts of seasoning, it is easy to prepare and you can combine it with almost any cream or homemade sauce to soak.
- 4 yuccas
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil (30 ml)
- 1 pinch of black pepper
- 1 pinch of Kosher salt
- 4 cups of water (1 liter)
- To start, peel the .
- Place a pot of water on high heat, with salt and pepper and bring to a boil.
- Cut the yuccas round slices and add them to the pot.
- Cook for 15 minutes until it softens.
- After the indicated time, remove from heat, drain and pass them to a baking sheet.
- Previously, spread olive oil on the entire surface of each piece and salt.
- Set the temperature at 170 ° C and bake 5 minutes on each side or until they are noticeably browned.
2. Eggplant chips
The eggplant will be a fun challenge to take on at home . This vegetable has a weak texture before the heat, so it softens easily. To get better results you must dehydrate first.
- 2 cups sliced aubergines (160 g)
- 1 branch of parsley
- 1 onion
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil (30 ml)
- 1 pinch of ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon cumin powder (15 g)
- 2 garlic cloves macerated (7 g)
- Start by chopping the onion in julienne strips and passing the pieces through olive oil with a touch of pepper and cumin powder. Reservation.
- Then, on a baking sheet, distribute the pieces of eggplant and add salt on top . Let stand for 15 minutes.
- Cut the parsley finely and add it to the garlic cloves macerated with the pinch of pepper.
- After about 15 minutes, place the pieces of onion, and the garlic and pepper dressing on top of the eggplant.
- Take to the oven at 170 ºC for 25 minutes. When it is half the time and turn it with a fork to the pieces so that they brown evenly.
- Remove from the oven and eat!
3. Vegetable broccoli chips
As we mentioned before, it is also usual to make chips with oil. The quantities are usually large, but this time you will decrease the portions a little. They will remain golden and crispy but without so much excess fat.
- 4 cups of broccoli (320 g)
- 3 tablespoons of vegetable oil (45 ml)
- 2 tablespoons of oatmeal (30 g)
- 1 pinch of marinade powder
- 1 pinch of salt
- 2 eggs
- Start by breaking and then beating the eggs until they form an integral and homogeneous mixture, similar to the tortilla.
- Put in a hot pan the tablespoons of oil and wait.
- Spend the broccoli by .
- Repeat the process but with the eggs.
- Sprinkle marinade, pepper and salt.
- Finally, bring each piece of broccoli to the pan and make sure to fry on both sides.
- The idea is that you notice that it acquires crispy and golden texture .
- When they are ready, turn off the heat and let it cool a little (not much) and you can start eating them!