Gastric or stomach acidity, also known as heartburn, is one of the most common conditions in humans. As its name indicates, it is produced thanks to the acids present in the stomach .
To accurately locate the area affected by gastric acidity, it is recommended to have the lower part of the sternum bone as a reference point . If the discomfort develops from there, most likely it is a gastric acidity.
In short, this type of acidity is the irritation of the esophagus as a result of the production of stomach gases .
Causes of gastric acidity
Although most of the causes of this condition revolves around food, the truth is that they can be very varied. Some of the most common causes are:
- Stress in excess
- Pregnancy or pregnancy process.
- Medications (not all)
- Tobacco consumption.
- Irritants for the stomach.
- Exceed the food portions (morning, afternoon and evening).
Taking into account the causes mentioned above, it can be uncomplicated to treat it. And there are alternatives to avoid it or treat it definitely .
Recommendations for treating gastric acidity
1. Improve time and quantity
One of the most determining factors associated with food is the time and the amount of it . Many people do not know how much and when to eat certain foods, especially at breakfast, lunch and dinner.
With respect to time, the ideal is to take into account the hours to exercise, travel to work and sleep. Considering this, the corresponding portion must be consumed at least two hours before each activity .
In terms of quantity, the ideal is to supply the necessary calories in at least 6 servings throughout the day with moderate components . Both factors will contribute to the prevention of gastric acidity.
2. Eat healthy foods
This recommendation is not only aimed at preventing and treating stomach acidity, but at strengthening the health of the organism in general. A balanced diet based on vegetables, fish and other similar foods is a great help for the stomach .
Thus, this will not be seen in the need to drive acids out. On the other hand, the digestive process will also greatly benefit. Based on this advice, it is also necessary to put an end to products that stimulate excessive acidity , such as coffee, chocolate, vinegar, fruits, soft drinks, citrus juices and fried foods.
What foods to include in the diet?
To develop a good dietary schedule against gastric acidity, it is necessary to resort to foods with favorable properties for the and the treatment of stomach gases, such as:
- Yogurt, milk and cheese . These dairy products must be completely ingested.
- Egg. At least four units during the week in order to regulate the contents of cholesterol in the blood and gastric imbalance.
- Vegetables Recommended in this diet. However, it is not recommended to eat them raw. To do this, it is advisable to put them in cooking or boil them.
- Chicken and fish They are the two most favorable types of meat for the digestive system, considered in the prevention and treatment of gastric acidity. With respect to fish, the intake of sea products is recommended. On the other hand, only veal without fat is allowed, avoiding the other types.
3. Choose liquids properly
The liquid is fundamental for the digestive process. Depending on its type, the organism responds adequately or inadequately . In the case of gastric acidity, there are beverages that activate it. A clear example of this is soda and
Therefore, resorting to infusions and natural juices of non-citrus fruits is an excellent option. In addition to drinking two liters of water a day , as it favors the digestive system greatly.
Main image courtesy of © wikiHow.com