In case you still do not know well what are the foods that you should consume and which ones to avoid, keep reading that we will tell you next.
Why is it so important to take care of the health of your thyroid?
The thyroid is a gland located in the neck, in the anterior and superior part of the trachea. Its main function is the production of hormones.
When there is an imbalance, hyperthyroidism and hypothyroidism may occur , depending on whether there is an increase or decrease in the work of the thyroid.
The habits to improve the health of your thyroid
Maintaining the health of your thyroid should not be complicated if you have a balanced and healthy diet . The problem we face today is that eating natural foods is complicated with so much frozen product.
However, there are products that you should always include. Here you have them:
1. Include an iodine supplement in your day
Iodine is an essential element for your body, specifically for the development of hormones in the body.
es importante que incluyas yodo en tu dieta para que la tiroides mantenga su buen funcionamiento . Throughout life, it is important that you include iodine in your diet so that the thyroid keeps its proper functioning . Typically, your doctor will give you an Ask him, because possibly he already did it.
If it is not like that, it does not hurt to remind you so that it indicates the best option.
2. Eat blueberries every week
Cranberries are one of the best fruits that nature gives us. They are low in fat, sodium and cholesterol. son altos en yodo (½ taza contiene 400 mcg de yodo) , fibra, antioxidantes y vitaminas C y K. In turn, they are high in iodine (½ cup contains 400 mcg of iodine) , fiber, antioxidants and vitamins C and K.
We recommend you include two cups of blueberries a week in your diet . Take advantage of their flavor and include them in your salads or use them as a snack accompanied by a portion of protein.
A good option is to include cranberry juice as part of your smoothies. In this way you will give a good flavor to those vegetables that you do not like so much.
An easy option is the following:
- 1 cup baby spinach (60 g)
- 1 cup of cranberry juice. (250 ml)
- nueces 5 nuts
- 1 ice cube
- Blend all the ingredients and drink immediately.
3. Include potatoes in your diet
aporta 60 mcg de yodo por pieza . This tuber originating in America provides 60 mcg of iodine per piece . However, to really get the benefits you must make sure you cook it the right way .
- Low fat: it is better to consume it in the oven or cooked. To add a little flavor, add salt, but with measure.
- Combined with other vegetables to take advantage of its satiating effect and add fiber.
- Do not overdo it Because it is high in carbohydrates, you should eat maximum one medium potato a day .
Something you should avoid is consuming large quantities of potatoes in their commercial versions. These contain high levels of trans fat, low salt and preservatives that could affect the health of your thyroid.
4. Eat as natural as possible
To be honest, how many frozen, canned or processed products do you eat a day? Check in your cupboard and you will surely be surprised to discover that the vast majority have this feature.
es importante mantener tu cuerpo lo más libre posible de alimentos que las alteren. Because the health of your thyroid has to do with hormones, it is important to keep your body as free as possible from altering foods. This includes chemicals, sweeteners, preservatives, etc.
Ideally, you should consume fresh and seasonal foods . We recommend that you do the test a few months. You will discover that it is not so complicated. You only need:
- Change the box cereals for natural cereals. In most local markets you will find natural versions of oats, wheat, amaranth and quinoa, among others. The advantage is that, in addition, they are more economical.
- de temporada. Eat fruits and in season. Because they are typical of the season, they are less likely to have undergone a freezing process that affects their nutrients.
If you dare, you can even make your own garden at home.
- Prepare your homemade versions. Yogurt and soft drinks are two examples of products that have easy substitutes to prepare at home . As for the refreshments, change them for infusions or waters of flavor that you prepare.
- Prepare your own snacks to kill hunger between meals. From homemade ice cream to
And good? Do you follow these tips? If not, maybe it’s time to do it. Remember that the health of your thyroid can be easily regulated by making the correct changes .
Main image courtesy of © wikiHow.com