Beetroot. Vegetable of attractive scarlet heart and fresh earthy flavor, a treasure for the kitchen and our health that you can include in countless dishes . And not only that, its juices, are a great ally for many of our ailments, hence we want to present you 4 recipes so you can benefit from them, they are simple and healthy. How about we try them?
Many people like raw beets, grated, in salads, but usually it is cooked and juiced. It is ideal to combine it with other fruits and vegetables, in this way we increase its properties depending on what its purpose will be . But let’s see it carefully.
Properties of juices with beets
- High magnesium content , gives us strength, promotes circulation and bone health.
- It has been investigated that its properties on the immune system, and its detoxifying effect, can be beneficial in the prevention and treatment of cancer.
- It facilitates digestion.
- Relieves gastritis and heartburn.
- Relieves menstrual pain
- High sodium content
- Relieves headache
- It contains a wonderful contribution of vitamins, especially vitamin C.
- It promotes circulation , relieves the hardening of the arteries, regulates blood pressure and prevents several cardiac problems. Beetle helps cleanse the liver, kidneys and gallbladder, and also stimulates the activity of the lymphatic system throughout the body.
- , ya que es un limpiador muy fuerte y puede causar molestias. Nutritionists always recommend combining beet juice with other fruits and vegetables , as it is a very strong cleanser and can cause discomfort.
* Example of its nutritional properties: two whole beets offer us 14 mg of calcium, 23 mg of phosphorus, 0.5 mg of iron, 43 mg of sodium, 208 mg of potassium, 20 IU of Vitamin A and 6 mg of Vitamin C , and 0.3 mg of vitamin B
Healing beverages with beets
From the juices specified here, choose the one that best suits your needs. You know that it is always advisable to take it freshly made, and if you see something thick you can add a little water . Remember also that the skin of the beet is beneficial, as well as its leaves, since they contain a lot of iron, and they are also good for making salads.
1. Juice for our kidneys
If we combine the beet with the carrot, we will obtain an excellent smoothie to clean and take care of our kidneys. Take note:
- 1 beet
- 2 carrots
- Half a glass of water
- Clean both the beets and carrots well (you do not need to remove the skin of the beets).
- Take them to the blender and obtain a well-balanced juice. Once obtained, you can mix it with a glass of water.
- Take it on an empty stomach for a week to cleanse your kidneys.
2. Juice against fatigue
The revitalizing blend of beet and orange is ideal to give us those energies needed to start the morning.
- 1 beet
- 4 strawberries
- The juice of two oranges
- A spoonful of honey
It is very simple. Simply clean the beet well, extract its juice with the blender, and then mix it with the juice of the oranges and add, of course, those strawberries and the teaspoon of honey. It is excellent for those mornings when we wake up tired, after a night of insomnia, for example.
3. Juice to improve circulation
We already know the benefits of beets to improve our circulation, but if we also combine it with the following ingredients, we will obtain a juice rich in vitamins, minerals, which will take care of our circulatory system, improving for example our varicose veins . Take note:
- Wash ingredients well. Cut the beets and apples into pieces (peel the apple, the beets are not necessary)
- Mix all the ingredients: the beet, the apple, the ginger, the garlic, the celery …
- It is ideal to take this juice before your main meal and every other day, that way you will improve your circulation.
4. Juice for constipation
Perfect to take in the mornings in those days when we have problems going to the bathroom. This combination of ingredients, in addition to helping us, will provide us with wonderful nutrients.
- 1 beet
- 4 carrots
- 2 cucumbers
- 25 grams of spinach
- We thoroughly clean all the ingredients and cut them into pieces, especially the beets, the cucumber and the carrots to make it easier to take them to the blender.
- Get the juice in the blender. Once done, if you see something thick add half a glass of water.
- Drink it freshly made and in the morning