The sinus headache has its origin in the inflammation of the sinuses . This problem appears as a result of an allergic process and causes, without a doubt, a lot of suffering to the sufferer.
It is a deep pain that is concentrated in the area of the cheekbones, the forehead and the bridge of the nose. Sometimes, a change of light or moving the head is enough for the symptoms to intensify
There may even appear fever and facial swelling.
el cual centrará el campo de acción en resolver esas infecciones micóticas. It is essential to have adequate medical treatment, which will focus the field of action in resolving these fungal infections. Also, nasal sprays with corticosteroids and antihistamines are also useful.
When it comes to home remedies to relieve sinus headaches , you’ll like to know that you have several options at your fingertips.
It is only about finding those that are best for you and that allow you to find an adequate well-being while following, at all times, the medical guidelines.
1. Remedy to relieve sinus headache with green tea, ginger and lemon
Ginger combined with lemon and green tea, acts as a powerful agent to treat infections and nasal congestion.
This infusion is suitable, especially for the presence of ginger, a medicinal root with powerful anti-inflammatory virtues that will also strengthen our immune system and that will help us reduce headache.
We explain how to prepare this natural beverage.
- ½ teaspoon of green tea (5 g)
- 1 teaspoon dried ginger root (5 g)
- 5 tablespoons of lemon juice (50 ml)
- 1 teaspoon of honey (7.5 g)
- 1 cup of water (250 ml)
- Boil the cup of water. When it reaches a boil, add the ginger and green tea . Allow it to infuse over 15 minutes so that later, rest another 10.
- Stir all the contents and then add that teaspoon of honey and lemon juice.
- Ideally, take this infusion not excessively hot , since extreme temperatures of either cold or heat can aggravate the headache.
2. Vapors of mauve and eucalyptus
Vapors are a very effective way to unclog the sinuses and relieve sinus headaches . You can benefit from them two or three times a day, according to your needs.
We explain how to carry it out.
What I need
- Mallow essential oil
- Eucalyptus essential oil
- 2 liters of water
- 1 tub
- 1 towel
- The first thing we will do is boil the two liters of water in a pan. Let it boil and then pour the water in a tub or basin, taking care not to burn.
- Next, we will add two drops of mauve essential oil and two more drops of
- Finally, we just have to cover our heads with the towel and vacuum these vapors . We will notice immediate relief.
Discover also how to prepare a poultice of clay and turmeric for joint pain
3. Infusion of juniper berries
You will find juniper berries ready to infuse in any natural store. It is a natural remedy widely used to facilitate the expulsion of mucus and to treat all those inflammatory processes such as bronchitis, pharyngitis or sinusitis.
Take note of how you should prepare this infusion to relieve sinus headache.
- 1 spoonful of juniper berries (10 g)
- 1 liter of water
- 3 teaspoons of honey (22.5 g)
- We will start, once again, heating that liter of water. When you have reached the optimum boiling point, add the tablespoon of dried juniper berries and let it infuse for 15 minutes.
- Sweeten with honey and baby throughout the day.
As a fact that we should remember about the juniper berries is that we should not take this infusion if we have intestinal problems.
Nor should abuse them: the ideal is to take four glasses in a day once a week to relieve these inflammatory processes.
4. Cloth with coconut oil and mint
Another effective technique to relieve sinus headache is to go to a dark room, lie down and put on a cloth moistened with essential oils.
A simple remedy that will offer you adequate rest and that you can complement with medical treatments. Next, we explain how to carry it out.
What I need
- 1 teaspoon of coconut essential oil (5 g)
- 2 drops of mint essential oil
- A small toilet towel
How do I do it?
- In a bowl or on a small plate, mix the teaspoon of coconut oil with the droplets of peppermint essential oil.
- Once you have combined both ingredients well, moisten this small toilet towel with both oils.
- Next, lie on the bed or on the sofa with the blinds down .
- Apply the moistened towel on your forehead and relax.
Discover also 10 natural allergy remedies
. To conclude , we must remember that these simple home remedies will not make our sinus headaches go away forever . They are only palliative treatments.
The focus of the problem is sinusitis , a condition that is resolved by appropriate medical treatment or intervention.
With patience and thanks to the good professionals we will find the solution to this annoying condition.