Green is a color that gives life and harmony to any space in the house. Of course, it can not be lacking in a self-respecting garden, but it is also excellent for interiors. Below, we present some creative ways to have plants to decorate your house as you always wanted.
Who does not like what the plants look like in the house? These give the colorful touch, the share of purity that every person needs for their home.
To make matters worse, they are a decorative element that offers many variables when looking for a place. Precisely at that point we will stop at this article.
Benefits of having plants at home
Before moving on to the main topic, let’s review the enormous advantages that plants have in the home:
- They purify the air, since they transform carbon dioxide into oxygen.
- They collaborate in the reduction of stress , due to the relaxing environment they generate.
- They help to breathe a higher quality air and thus avoid respiratory diseases .
- Eliminate static electricity from the environment, since they generate humidity.
5 creative ways to have plants in the home
Now yes, we will move on to what concerns us. What is the best alternative to place plants at home? Here we offer some excellent and practical ideas:
1. Vertical gardens
They are an excellent option for gardens, whether external or internal. You can shape them with pallets , ladders or even boxes of vegetables.
The vertical garden with the staircase is quite simple; You will only have to place planks between the steps to expand the possibility of placing the pots on top.
Read also: .
With the pallets it becomes something more complex. You can do it by following these steps:
- Sand the surface and edges of the pallet to remove the rough. You can varnish it if you wish.
- Place it vertically and put two large bags of garbage inside it. In them the plants will be supported. Nail the bags on their upper edge.
- Fill the bags with substrate or fertilizer.
- Make small cuts in the bags, where you will later locate the plants. You can also use this structure to create a practical garden at home.
Finally, with boxes of vegetables you can form a similar structure by stacking them. In this case, the bag will also go inside, but we will not put the plants pointing towards the front, but rather upwards, where the boxes are opening.
2. In the windows
Placing plants in the windows will beautify any landscape of your home. The options are many: you can place a shelf near the window to put the pots.
Another excellent idea is to take advantage of the bars of the window to hang the pots, or the same slits of the wooden shutters. Lastly, you can also put together a wire structure with nails near the window frame to grow a beautiful vine over it.
3. Cactus in household objects
Have you seen how beautiful the cactus are on the desks, the tables, the furniture in the living room or on the fireplace? It is very easy to find them a place, and also a container.
You can use jars, glasses or cups – the more beautiful, the better – so that these plants are more showy. Just place inside them some earth for cactus, a little common ground, the plant and decorative stones to give the final touch.
4. Mini garden in light bulbs
To achieve this technique, you must follow the following steps:
- Break the bulb cap with a pair of pliers . Use gloves and be very careful not to cut yourself.
- Remove all the elements inside.
- Stick the bulb on a base, which could be a plastic lid, for example.
- Enter the substrate and then place the plant delicately inside the bulb.
- Finally, water with a syringe to keep it hydrated.
If you want, you can also make your own bracket with wire or even hang them from the ceiling. In fact, you can place aquatic plants in them too.
This is one of the creative ways to have more original plants. Undoubtedly, if you apply it you will have something that very few have thought to make their environments more showy.
5. Plants in furniture and books
We will close the list with two great options for the interior and exterior. The first is to use-or sacrifice, you decide the term to use-a drawer that I do not occupy and introduce the plants inside. You can use the technique of the bag to cover the wood, as we did with the pallets .
On the other hand, you can also use books to make extremely original and ecological pots. How? In this way:
- Cut out with a scalpel a box in the book; for this, open it more or less in half.
- Line the top pages with contac paper.
- Glue the leaves that will officiate as a pot . It is not necessary to do it one by one, take several. Also put glue on the side of these.
- Cover the bottom of the box with a plastic bag and place the stones.
- Above, add the substrate and, finally, the plants you prefer.
With these creative ways to have plants in your house, your environments will be beautiful. So you can enjoy its great benefits by spending little space, money and time. Let’s do it!