Pillows are one of those household items that need special maintenance to be kept in hygienic conditions and suitable for normal use.
While we usually put a protective case, it is inevitable that, at some point, begin to acquire dark spots and unpleasant smells that make us think of throwing them away.
However, before taking such drastic measures, it is good to take into account some tricks of cleaning and disinfection that, for a low cost, help to give them a better look.
In this opportunity we want to reveal the best 5 so that you do not hesitate to put them into practice, at least, once a month.
1. Baking soda and vinegar
A mixture of baking soda with white vinegar results in a 100% natural product to whiten and soften the fabrics of pillows.
These ingredients have antibacterial and facilitate the removal of dirt and sweat stains.
- ½ cup of baking soda (80 g)
- ½ cup of white vinegar (125 ml)
- Put the pillows in the washing machine and, when the water covers them, add the baking soda and the white vinegar.
- Let the usual cycle complete and let them dry in the sun.
2. Hot water and lemon juice
Therefore, it is not surprising that it is also one of the best allies to leave the pillows fresh and impeccable.
- The juice of 6 lemons
- 2 ½ liters of water (10 cups)
- Put to heat the water and, when it boils, add the juice of 6 fresh lemons.
- Carefully dip the pillow and, if necessary, add more water until it is completely covered.
- Leave it to soak for 2 hours and wash it with your usual detergent.
3. Baking soda and tea tree essential oil
By combining ingredients such as baking soda and tea tree essential oil we can make a dry detergent to take care of our pillows.
- ½ cup of baking soda (80 g)
- 10 drops of tea tree essential oil
- Pour the baking soda into a bowl and mix it with the tea tree essential oil.
- After obtaining a uniform product, spread it on the pillow and let it stand for 45 minutes.
- After this time, rub the remains with a brush and remove the excess.
4. Detergent and borax
The detergent and borax trick has become quite popular all over the world as one of the best preparations to leave pillows free of percussion and with a 100% renewed appearance.
- Its properties eliminate the
- They also have powerful antimicrobial properties that help to kill mites and other microorganisms.
- 1 cup of detergent (200 g)
- 1 cup of biodegradable dishwasher soap (250 ml)
- 1 cup of bleach without chlorine (250 ml)
- ½ cup of borax (80 g)
- Hot water (the necessary)
- First, remember that it is necessary to take precautionary measures to avoid poisoning . Thus, the use of gloves and face masks is recommended.
- Next, add the mentioned products in the washing machine.
- It incorporates one or two pillows inside the machine and, after adding hot water, starts the usual cycle.
- When finished, put them to dry in the sun so they do not acquire a musty smell.
5. Hydrogen peroxide and lemon
- ½ cup of lemon juice (125 ml)
- 1 cup of hydrogen peroxide (250 ml)
- Incorporate the ingredients in a bucket with hot water and submerge the pillow for an hour.
- After the indicated time, rinse in the usual cycle of the washing machine and put it to dry in the sun.
Do you notice your yellow and dirty pillows? Choose any of the tricks mentioned and keep this element clean and free of harmful microorganisms.