This can be because your body is not fulfilling 100% of its function of absorbing the necessary nutrients or is absorbing toxins from food or the environment.
Maintaining a diet or lifestyle that incorporates high amounts of toxins into your body can lead to severe health problems.
There are thousands of recipes and remedies that allow to detoxify the organism.
However, it is important to start a diet that allows you to keep the body free of toxins and, in turn, every time we consume them, it helps us to get rid of them.
Foods that detoxify your body
As we have said, it is important to maintain a diet that helps purify excess toxins.
This will make us feel much more energetic, more active and, of course, with better health.
Here is a list of some foods that, thanks to their contribution of antioxidants, will help detoxify your body:
- Beet: Also known as beet, it is excellent for purifying the blood and nourishing it , just as it does for the liver.
This vegetable is responsible for cleaning it to improve its operation thanks to a mixture of natural compounds that make it a unique food.
- Lemons: Ideal for cleaning the liver thanks to its high content of Its juice helps filter the toxic chemicals for the body.
- Apples: Apples contain high levels of a type of fiber called pectin, which is excellent for eliminating toxins, especially from the intestines and digestive tracts .
- Blueberries: They are one of the most used and most effective detoxifiers, since it fulfills the function of a natural aspirin that helps to reduce inflammation and reduce pain.
- Flaxseed: Filled with fatty acids such as omega-3, excellent for cleaning the body in general.
The best way to consume these foods is naturally, raw. So we will take advantage of all its benefits; and is that, due to cooking, they can lose certain nutrients or reduce their effects .
Already knowing what are some of the best foods to detoxify your body, now we will expose 5 remedies, with these and other ingredients, ideal when it comes to detoxifying the body.
Remedies to detoxify
1. Spinach with cabbage
This mixture contains high levels of vitamin A and E , which make it a great ally to prevent cancer.
It helps to avoid the aging of cells, besides being an excellent source of and calcium.
- 1 cup of spinach (30 g)
- 1 cup of cabbage (70 g)
- Water (optional)
- Add both ingredients in the blender jar and process for a few minutes, until you get a homogeneous mixture.
- If you wish, you can add water to facilitate liquefying.
- Drink this mixture 3 times a week preferably on an empty stomach.
2. Peach with strawberry and pear
The pear is known to contain a lot of water, therefore it is excellent to include it in your diet if you want to lose weight.
- 1 peach
- 1 pear
- ½ cup of strawberries (75 g)
- 1 cup of milk (preferably skimmed) (250 ml)
- Mix and blend all the ingredients until they are well integrated and consume it after a meal.
3. Beetroot with apple and pear
This mixture is perfect to reduce headache and increase the body’s defenses .
It is also rich in fiber, which helps prevent constipation and intestinal pain.
- 1 cup cooked beets (125 g)
- 1 apple
- 1 pear
- 1 cup of apple juice (250 ml)
- 2 tablespoons of honey of bees (50 g) (optional)
- Add all the ingredients and blend in the blender.
- If you want to sweeten the mixture, you can add one or two tablespoons of honey.
- Strain and drink a glass at breakfast, 2 or 3 times a week.
4. Cress with cucumber
When looking for detoxifying remedies, both cress and cucumber have depurative effects for the body.
Watercress purifies the blood, toxins and fats of the liver, while the cucumber is diuretic.
- 1 cup watercress leaves (34 g)
- 1 cucumber
- Water (optional)
- Peel the cucumber, add it to the glass of the blender and process it with the watercress.
- If you wish, you can add a little water to facilitate liquefying.
- Take this mixture daily fasting for 2 weeks.
5. Chicory root
In this case we will use the last ones.
- 2 tablespoons of chicory roots (20 g)
- 2 cups of water (500 ml)
- Clean the roots thoroughly, add them to a saucepan together with the 2 cups of water and bring to a boil.
- Let the decoction take place for minutes.
- Strain and let stand for 10 minutes.
- Take 2 cups each day.