Currently there is a wide variety of hair removal methods that, in a matter of minutes, help us remove unwanted hair from our body.
Although their effects vary in each person, they often turn out to be slightly irritating, causing sensitivity, inflammation and red spots on the skin.
These symptoms can remain from minutes to hours, depending on the type of skin, method used and, of course, aftercare.
Here we share in detail the top 5 so do not hesitate to take them into account the next time you shave.
1. Shea butter treatment
This treatment of shea butter contains large amounts of vitamin E, fatty acids and antioxidant compounds that help regenerate the skin.
Its nutrients reduce inflammation after waxing and help retain natural moisture to keep the and smooth.
- 2 tablespoons of shea butter (30 g)
- 1 tablespoon of almond oil (15 g)
- 1 spoonful of honey of bees (25 g)
- Pour the shea butter in a heat resistant container and put it in the water bath.
- When it is melted, add the almond oil and honey.
- Remove the ingredients and make sure they are well integrated.
- Remove the product and let it sit at room temperature until it solidifies.
- Rub the treatment on the depilated areas and let it act 20 minutes.
- Rinse with warm water and dry with gentle touches, using a towel or cloth.
2. Treatment of jojoba oil and almond oil
The ingredients that we combine in this natural treatment provide the skin with fatty acids, amino acids and essential vitamins that favor its process.
It is an alternative moisturizer that, due to its anti-inflammatory properties, helps to reduce the irritation caused by hair removal.
- 1 teaspoon of jojoba oil (5 g)
- 2 tablespoons of almond oil (30 g)
- Combine the jojoba oil with the tablespoons of almond oil.
- Stretch the treatment over the irritated areas and massage it until it produces a slight sensation of heat.
- Let it work without rinsing and, if you consider it necessary, repeat its use twice a day.
3. Treatment of sodium bicarbonate
The astringent and antimicrobial properties of sodium bicarbonate help clean the surface of the skin to remove the remaining residues of or wax.
Its compounds decrease the inflammation of the pores and create a barrier against the bacteria that cause infections.
- 2 tablespoons of baking soda (20 g)
- 2 tablespoons of coconut oil (30 g)
- Combine the baking soda with the coconut oil until you get a creamy paste.
- Rub the treatment over irritated areas, performing gentle circular massages.
- Leave the product to act for 5 minutes and rinse.
4. Natural yogurt treatment
The lactic acid in natural yogurt is an active compound that helps regulate the pH of the skin to reduce the redness and irritation that remains after waxing.
In this case, we enhance its properties with the anti-inflammatory qualities , an anti-allergenic product that reduces burning.
- 5 tablespoons of plain yogurt (100 g)
- 1 teaspoon of chamomile essential oil (5 g)
- Pour the tablespoons of plain yogurt into a bowl and mix with chamomile essential oil.
- Extend the treatment on the depilated areas and let it act 20 minutes.
- Rinse with cold water and repeat its use 2 or 3 days in a row.
5. Calendula treatment
Because of its concentration of anti-inflammatory and antimicrobial compounds, a good alternative to reduce the irritation and burning that is produced by the application of an aggressive depilatory method.
- 1 cup of water (250 ml)
- 2 tablespoons of calendula flowers (20 g)
- Boil a cup of water and, when it reaches a boil, add the calendula flowers.
- Let the drink stand at room temperature until it is completely cold.
- Spray the liquid on the irritated areas and let it act without rinsing.
- Use it 2 times a day for better results.
Did you suffer aggressions on your skin due to hair removal? If you feel pain and you notice a slight redness, try some of these natural remedies and counteract it.