Low blood pressure, also known as hypotension, is a condition that starts when blood pressure decreases , during and after each heart beat.
A person suffers from this condition when, when measuring his pressure, the results show levels lower than 60 mmHg and 100 mmHg.
To suffer it can imply interferences in the operation of the heart, the brain and other vital organs , since the supply of oxygen is compromised, directly affecting the cellular activity.
Although these may vary in intensity in each case, it is important to give them attention so that they do not interfere in daily activities or generate other complications.
Luckily, there are several remedies of natural origin that, ingested on a regular basis, contribute to curb their symptoms while restoring their levels.
In the next space we want to reveal 5 good options so do not hesitate to prepare them as a complement to deal with this problem.
1. Infusion of rosemary and honey
The drink prepared with rosemary and honey contains antioxidants and vitamins and minerals that help improve blood pressure, optimizing the oxygenation of cells and tissues.
Its compounds stimulate the functioning of , calming the vertigo and weakness caused by this imbalance.
- 1 cup of water (250 ml)
- ½ tablespoon of dried rosemary (5 g)
- 1 spoonful of honey of bees (25 g)
- Boil a cup of water and, once it boils, remove it and add the rosemary.
- Let it sit for 10 minutes, strain it and sweeten it with honey.
- Drink the drink at the first symptom of hypotension and, if necessary, take it twice a day.
2. Coconut and lemon water
A tropical drink made with coconut and lemon water helps us to restore the body’s electrolytes to maintain blood pressure at adequate levels.
- 1 cup of coconut water (250 ml)
- 2 tablespoons of lemon juice (20 ml)
- Get organic coconut water and mix it with a couple of tablespoons of lemon juice.
- Eat the beverage mid-morning, or, when you feel pressure low.
3. Carrot and honey juice
Its antioxidants help to restore the heart rate and circulation , avoiding interference in cellular oxygenation.
- 5 large carrots
- 2 tablespoons of honey of bees (50 g)
- Obtain the natural juice of the carrots, passing them through a juice extractor.
- Mix with the tablespoons of honey and serve immediately.
- Ingests the juice on an empty stomach and repeats its consumption in the middle of the afternoon.
4. Drink of basil and honey extract
The natural extracts obtained from the basil leaves have active compounds that help to restore blood pressure.
Its vitamins and minerals are linked with the of honey, providing an effective treatment against hypotension.
- 15 leaves of basil
- ¼ cup of water (62 ml)
- 1 tablespoon of honey (25 g)
- Crush the basil leaves and then put them in a fine cloth or sieve to squeeze them until they get their juice.
- Pour the liquid obtained in the water and then add the honey.
- Eat the drink on an empty stomach, at least 3 times a week.
5. Water with lemon, salt and sugar
These foods help restore the energy level and, among other things, benefit the circulation and the nervous system.
- 1 cup of water (250 ml)
- 3 tablespoons of lemon juice (30 ml)
- ¼ teaspoon of salt (1.2 g)
- ½ teaspoon of sugar (2.5 g)
- Add all the ingredients in the cup of water and stir until they are well integrated.
- Eat the drink on an empty stomach or when you have symptoms of low blood pressure.
Are your blood pressure levels below normal? Remember that, in addition to trying these remedies, it is important to visit the doctor on a regular basis and adopt healthy lifestyle habits.