Carpal tunnel syndrome is a condition that is caused by irritation of the median nerve , which is responsible for giving sensitivity and movement to certain areas of the hand.
It is a condition whose number of affected has increased in recent years, since the prolonged use of electronic devices is one of its triggers.
Repetitive movements of the hand and wrist are usually made , although it also occurs due to injuries, infections and excess weight.
Although the sensation of pain can be mild and sporadic, it sometimes tends to become complicated, interfering with the ability to perform daily tasks.
In fact, a small number of cases require surgical intervention , since there is an that is not controlled by medication.
Fortunately, before reaching this measure so drastic, you can try some remedies of natural origin that, by their properties, promote the feeling of relief.
Next we want to share in detail the best 5 so you do not stop trying them when you feel that this condition afflicts you.
1. Ginger and eucalyptus compresses
The application of compresses of ginger and eucalyptus is a therapeutic method that reduces the severity of inflammation and pain caused by the carpal tunnel.
Its medicinal properties help to in the affected area and, incidentally, exert a calming effect.
- 1 cup of water (250 ml)
- 2 tablespoons grated ginger (20 g)
- 4 eucalyptus leaves
- Boil a cup of water and, when it reaches the boiling point, add the grated ginger and the eucalyptus leaves.
- Lower the heat and let the plants release their extracts for 2 minutes.
- Then, wait for 10 or 15 minutes to rest and proceed to use it.
- Dip a clean cloth in the infusion and apply it as a compress on the wrists and stiff hands.
- Let them act 20 minutes and repeat the remedy up to 2 times a day.
2. Massage with cypress oil and rosemary
The application of a massage with anti-inflammatory oils can calm the sensation of pain that prevents moving your hands normally.
- 3 tablespoons of cypress oil (45 g)
- 2 tablespoons of rosemary oil (30 g)
- Combine the oils until a homogeneous product is obtained.
- Rub the oils over the painful areas, doing gentle massages until the product is well absorbed.
- Repeat its use every night until cure this condition.
3. Compresses of ulmaria flowers
The ulmaria flowers have analgesic and anti-inflammatory properties, suitable to calm the symptoms of the carpal tunnel.
- 2 spoonfuls of ulmaria flowers (20 g)
- 1 cup of water (250 ml)
- Add the ulmaria flowers to a cup of boiling water and let it rest for 20 minutes.
- Moisten a cloth with the infusion and apply it on the affected areas.
- Let it act 10 minutes and, if you consider it necessary, repeat its use twice a day.
4. Bath with Epsom salts
One of the therapeutic applications of Epsom salts is the remedy to relieve pain caused by carpal tunnel syndrome.
- 5 cups of water (1250 ml)
- ½ cup of Epsom salts (100 g)
- Warm the cups of water until they reach a bearable temperature for the skin.
- Add the Epsom salts and stir them to dilute.
- Dip your hands in the liquid, making sure to cover your aching wrists.
- Let the salts act for 20 minutes and rinse.
- Use them 2 times a day until the problem is controlled.
5. Massage with castor oil and olive
Both castor oil and olive oil have anti-inflammatory compounds that help restore the movement of the wrists.
- 3 tablespoons of castor oil (45 g)
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil (32 g)
- Pour the oils into a heat resistant container and microwave them for 20 seconds.
- Check that the temperature is suitable for the skin, and then rub the oil over the wrists and hands.
- Make a gentle massage for 8 minutes and let the products absorb well.
- Repeat the treatment until the pain is healed.
Keep in mind that the remedies mentioned can reduce the pain of the carpal tunnel temporarily.
The healing process can take up to a month and, for this, it is necessary to complement the use of these products with the practice of healthy habits such as exercise.