Often, strong personality can cause some tension or discomfort.
Some people see in this profile someone unable to yield to certain things, someone who, on occasion, is selfish or who only looks-apparently-for their interests and who does not accept visions, proposals or suggestions from others.
Nothing is further from reality.
It is true that in the matter of personality there are always many nuances when it comes to labeling someone as “purely” introverted , extroverted, dependent, independent, intuitive, etc.
However, when we speak of the strong personality, there is something behind that we must understand.
In psychology this type of profile is known as “resistant personality” .
Within it one can be introverted or extroverted, but what characterizes it, above all, is the ability to stay afloat in the midst of adversity.
Below we explain 5 traits with which, undoubtedly, we will understand much more to this type of people with whom, perhaps, you will identify immediately.
1. Strong personality does not like excuses
The strong personality has a very concrete vital shoot: he has learned from his mistakes and his successes and acts in conscience , with humility but with determination.
- This explains why he does not like half-truths or half- lies at all , let alone excuses or people who do nothing but procrastinate.
- For the strong personality these acts make him waste time, are obstacles, are ways to slow down purposes and objectives.
- In his world, in his way of seeing things, what must be done must be done when he touches. What one sets as a goal on the horizon is a motivator to fight for …
Thus, who fills his day to day with excuses and false reasons is something that is very uncomfortable.
Read also ” a diet for each personality: what is yours? ”
2. They are careful when allowing people to be part of their lives
If there is something that defines the strong personality is its ability to control to find its intrinsic motivations .
- He knows what he wants and what he does not want. That learning has come to him because, at some time in the past, someone failed him, he became disillusioned or he was betrayed.
- However, far from being closed in on himself or being cold or distrustful, he is open to others, but he does not hesitate to apply a very appropriate psychological filter.
He will not let into his life those who bother him or those who disturb his inner peace.
3. Does not like insensitive, selfish or pretentious people
The person with a strong and resistant profile, beyond what many believe, is sensitive and very humble.
- It is because it values important things, those that do not waste your time and that give you well-being: good friendships, people who are light and not storm, emotional couples with whom to laugh, have an enriching commitment …
- All this does not tolerate too much who acts selfishly , who does not know how to value the simplest things in life, those that are not worth money and with which we all gain by living in respect and happiness .
Read also ” sensitivity is a sign of strength not weakness ”
4. They have learned from fear, they have learned from adversity
One of the features that profile strong people is a clear psychological resilience. As we already know, few words are as relevant in the field of personal growth as resilience .
- It is the capacity by which one manages to overcome adversity and emotional pain . Not only that, but also, you learn from these experiences, these facts.
- Thus, the strong personality has been able to learn from fear, to cross that border to achieve its objectives.
- In addition, all that vital learning gives her greater psychological tools to advance without fear being receptive to what life wants to bring her but knowing very well “what she is not willing to accept” .
5. They do not need to like everyone
We pointed to it at the beginning. The strong personality does not please everyone because it is not understood, because they do not know that behind that determination there is a sensitive heart that has learned from life, that knows what it wants, that is not to waste time .
- Little by little, and throughout his life cycle, he has learned that few things cause as much frustration and suffering as wanting to please everyone, like seeking acceptance by all those people you know.
- It is not useful, it is not logical and it is unhealthy.
- Thus, the resistant personality applies that approach with which to not worry at all if someone does not accept it for what it is.
- He knows that those who are at his side are those who really are worth it, those who do deserve to lead hand in that vital path where you only have to surround yourself with people who give us, who see us inside with authenticity.
To conclude, we are sure that more than one will have been reflected in these characteristics.
Perhaps, all of us have learned to be strong in our own way, or are about to do it, on the verge of developing a resistant personality.
Main image courtesy of © wikiHow.com