Both women and men need a combination of special doctors at different stages of their lives.
However, women may require a greater number of specialists over time, in addition to primary care physicians.
A good idea for when you go to any specialist doctor is to have prepared a series of questions about your needs and doubts with regards to your health.
It is important that you know which are the doctors that every woman should visit and what you should expect from each appointment.
Primary attention doctor
The first of the doctors that every woman should visit is primary care. You go to your surgery to make sure that your health is good. It is usually the first step before any specialized attention.
Ideally, you visit it at least once a year. When you ask for a primary care doctor, you should consider asking these questions. They will allow you to better know your health status:
- What can I do to improve my overall health?
- Are there health problems in my family that could put me in danger?
- Am I at risk of getting a chronic disease?
- What screening tests do I need this year?
- What tests should I do next year?
- ? Should I wear a other?
- Do antibiotics are needed to treat this infection?
Visit the gynecologist
The gynecologist is the second of the doctors that every woman should visit, since it is responsible for the health of the female organs.
It is recommended that young women make their first visit between 13 and 15 years.
The visits you make to your can be annual or when you consider necessary after the annual.
Your gynecologist can perform a Pap test or a pelvic exam and any other tests you consider necessary. Young women do not need a Pap test until they are 21 years old.
The most common is that the gynecologist and the primary care doctor work together for your health.
Keep in mind these questions you may want to ask your gynecologist:
- How often do I need a Papanicolaou?
- How often should I have a pelvic exam?
- What type of birth control could work for me?
- What tests should I do for STDs?
- I have severe pain during my period. What can help me?
- I have started to smudge between periods. What does it mean?
Do not forget to read: When should you visit the gynecologist?
Visit the obstetrician
This is another of the doctors that every woman should visit during pregnancy and childbirth. Most are also gynecologists and some only provide care to women during pregnancy.
Your obstetrician will guide you throughout the process .
These doctors also help you control any problems that may arise during it. Consider asking these questions of your obstetrician:
- When should I start taking prenatal vitamins?
- How often do I need prenatal care?
- Is my pregnancy a high risk?
- How much weight should I increase during my pregnancy?
- What should I eat during pregnancy?
- Should I stop working?
- Will I have a natural birth or cesarean section?
- Should I go to a maternity center?
Visit a dermatologist
A dermatologist is one of the many medical specialists that you will surely want to visit. This is responsible for treating skin diseases.
Dermatologists also specialize in treating conditions related to hair and nails .
They can help you treat problems such as acne, eczema, rosacea, psoriasis and skin changes that are related to aging. Your dermatologist can answer these questions:
- What changes should I look for in my skin?
- What is the best way to protect my skin from the sun?
- Should I worry about a mole?
- I have recurring skin rashes, how can I avoid it?
- My skin is dry, what can I do?
- ? How often should I check my ?
- What is the best treatment for my skin condition?
Visit eye specialists
The ophthalmologist is another doctor that every woman should visit. He is the one who specializes in the treatment of eye diseases, in addition to the structure of your eye.
This doctor treats serious eye conditions that require surgery, or simple cases, such as having a regular eye exam and prescribing glasses.
On the other hand, an optometrist is a professional in charge of taking care of ocular health , but this usually acts as the main doctor in charge of your vision.
You can make an annual visit in search of a problem.
Do not forget to ask this to your specialist before leaving the consultation:
- How often do I need to check my vision?
- ? Should I have a test ?
- What symptoms of sight should concern me?
- Is there any way to protect my vision from damage?
- Do I need bifocals?
Do you want to know more? Lee: 7 exercises for the eyes that you have to do daily
To visit the dentist
The dentist is the last of the doctors that every woman should visit. Take care of your teeth and provide health to your entire mouth.
Do not forget that oral health plays an important role at a general level. You must visit your dentist to do a general cleaning and check, at least, every 6 months.
Remember that you should ask your dentist this:
- Should I receive a cleaning more often?
- ? What can I do to improve my ?
- Should I get screened for oral cancer?
- Should I use tooth whitening?
- Is there any way to protect myself from cavities?
Main image courtesy of © wikiHow.com