The consumption of foods of high nutritional quality is one of the habits that helps us maintain a good mood.
The problem is that we have become accustomed to consuming foods loaded with fat, sugars and added compounds , which produce the opposite effect.
Although at the moment we produce satisfaction, its nutritional composition is not as good as that provided by organic foods.
For this reason today we wanted to collect 6 healthy alternatives , low in calories, whose properties help us feel better in times of stress, depression or irritability.
Do not stop adding them to your diet!
1. Bitter chocolate
The bitter chocolate, that whose composition is of at least 60% of cocoa, is one of the foods that, in moderate amounts, promotes the sensation of emotional well-being.
- It is characterized by its high content of antioxidants, fatty acids and amino acids, which stimulate brain and activity.
- It is recommended to reduce stress and symptoms of depression, since it improves the production of endorphins.
: este alimento no está recomendado para pacientes con diabetes o trastornos metabólicos. Note : this food is not recommended for patients with diabetes or metabolic disorders.
2. Milk and derivatives
Milk and its derivatives are foods full of vitamins, minerals, proteins and other important nutrients that give benefits to the body.
Although they can not be ingested by people intolerant to lactose, those who have no discomfort to take them can consider them an option to improve mood.
- They are mainly noted for their content of tryptophan , an amino acid that reduces tension, irritability and insomnia.
- They have significant amounts of vitamins A, B and D, in addition to minerals such as calcium and phosphorus, all suitable for maintaining the nervous system in balance.
3. Green tea
Green tea has been listed as one of the healthiest plants for the body, not only because it helps lose weight, but because its antioxidants reduce the effects of and cognitive decline.
- It contains catechins and isoflavones, both beneficial to improve emotional health in the face of imbalances of hormonal origin.
- Its main compound, known as epigallocatechin gallate (EGCG), minimizes the negative impact of free radicals and protects brain and nervous system health.
- It provides a substance known as L-theanine, which helps block the action of cortisol , known as the stress hormone.
Spinach has been noted for its high content of essential nutrients and low caloric intake.
It is one of the recommended foods against depression , since its intake interferes with , improving the segregation of the wellness hormones.
- Its main benefits for the state of mind are attributed to its contributions of folic acid, a nutrient that stops stress, anxiety and nervousness.
- They concentrate powerful antioxidants that, after being assimilated, promote the elimination of toxins and mitigate the impact of free radicals.
They are delicious, versatile and their essential nutrients provide important benefits to physical and mental health.
- Its natural sugars, easily assimilated, increase the energy level of the body and reduce the feeling of fatigue and depression.
- They contain folic acid, vitamin C and phosphorus, all necessary for an adequate production of
- It is an important source of tryptophan , an amino acid related to the control of depression and insomnia.
6. Honey of bees
Bee honey is an energy ingredient that has been valued for its high concentration of high quality nutrients, which provide benefits on physical and emotional health.
- Their natural sugars act as a source of “fuel” for the cells , helping to maintain good physical and mental performance.
- It contains enzymes and essential amino acids that, after being absorbed, strengthen the nervous system and brain health.
- Its vitamins and minerals help to improve the synthesis of serotonin, also called the
Are you going through an emotional difficulty? Do you tend to stress easily? If so, or if you wish to avoid it, encourage yourself to include these foods in your regular diet and discover how good they are to maintain your well-being.
Of course, to achieve good results, you should increase your water consumption and practice relaxation techniques and physical exercise.