Blue fish is one of the foods that has gained fame around the world, since its incorporation into the diet has many benefits.
It is a variety of fish that stands out for its high concentration of proteins and omega 3 fatty acids, nutrients that help in many aspects.
Its calorie content is lower compared to other types of meat and also has vitamins and minerals that help meet the body’s requirements.
Best of all, it is very versatile in terms of its preparation and, since it is very well combined with other foods , it is easy to add it to the meal plan.
Among the most recommended are:
- Sea trout
Any of these can be taken two or more times a week to enjoy its interesting benefits for health.
1. Protects cardiovascular health
Eating at least two servings of blue fish a week can significantly reduce the risk of cardiovascular disease.
- This is attributed to its significant contribution of omega 3, a healthy substance that cleans (LDL) and, in turn, regulates high blood pressure.
- Its absorption, in conjunction with amino acids and minerals, helps to reduce the inflammation of body tissues and optimizes the functioning of the heart.
2. Strengthens brain functioning
The omega 3 fatty acids that this food provides also have interesting positive effects on brain health.
- Its anti-inflammatory power favors the brain cleansing process and decreases the risk of cognitive deterioration or memory loss.
- In turn, its intake promotes the production of wellness hormones, which regulate emotions and the nervous system.
3. Avoid visual health problems
Both blue fish and other sources of omega 3 have the ability to protect the eyes against chronic conditions such as macular degeneration.
This problem causes and often affects people who reach old age.
4. Prevent depression
Although depression is an emotional disorder in which many aspects influence, the consumption of blue fish can help to improve the effects of the treatment.
- This food provides antioxidants and essential amino acids that, after being absorbed, decrease the production of cortisol , a hormone that influences emotional discomfort.
- In turn, their omega 3 fatty acids increase the production of endorphins and serotonin, neurotransmitters responsible for well-being.
5. Take care of bone health
- Its small contribution of calcium helps to meet the body’s requirements, reducing the risk of bone density loss.
- Potassium and magnesium help control excess inflammation and prevent chronic bone conditions.
6. Strengthens muscle mass
One of the reasons why this food is advised as part of the feeding plan is because it has the ability to help strengthen muscle mass.
- Its high quality proteins are easily assimilated in the body and, in conjunction with its healthy fats, favor the formation of lean muscle.
- Among other things, these nutrients improve physical performance and, therefore, are ideal for
7. Improve the immune system
The essential nutrients contained in this variety of fish are a great complement to improve the functions of our immune system.
- Its vitamins and minerals help to improve the activation of defense mechanisms and, in turn, favor the identification of pathogens.
- On the other hand, its healthy fats and proteins improve the production of antibodies and help accelerate the recovery of infections and .
Are you looking for habits to improve your health? Without a doubt, adding fish to your diet is one of the best decisions you can make if you want to take care of yourself.
It is a very complete food that, in moderate portions, will allow you to enjoy more varied dishes.