Coconut water is a tropical drink that has been valued since ancient times for its high content of essential nutrients that, when assimilated in the body, improve health.
Composed in 95% water, it is a food that is naturally found inside green coconuts , so it should not be confused with the coconut milk that is made with the pulp.
It contains antioxidant substances, organic sugars and a high concentration of that help keep the body protected and hydrated.
In addition, it also makes a slight contribution of healthy fats and amino acids, which help maintain an optimal level of physical and mental energy.
Best of all, it is a low-calorie drink that, due to its flavor, can be eaten on its own or combined with other ingredients.
Bearing in mind that some still do not know its benefits, this time we want to share 7 reasons to eat it more frequently.
1. Improves digestive health
Dietary fiber and anti-inflammatory compounds of coconut water allow to improve digestive health, especially in cases of constipation and parasites.
- Its intake increases the production of enzymes and healthy bacteria in the intestine , optimizing the and the absorption of nutrients.
- It stimulates the intestinal movement to remove the residues that accumulate in the colon.
- Its slight alkaline effect decreases the excessive production of acids and prevents reflux and indigestion.
2. Strengthens the immune system
For its contribution of vitamins, minerals and antioxidants, this natural beverage is a great complement to improve the immune health of our body.
- These nutrients improve the production of antibodies, preventing the continuous attack of viruses, bacteria and fungi.
- It increases the capacity to identify infectious agents and, therefore, prevents them from proliferating in healthy tissues.
3. Improves blood circulation
The fatty acids contained in coconut water help clean arteries and blood to prevent inflammatory and circulatory disorders.
- Its regular intake reduces the presence of harmful lipids and toxins in the blood, preventing arterial obstruction.
- It has the ability to tone blood vessels to prevent varicose veins, spider veins and other vascular disorders.
4. Reduce high blood pressure
- Its contributions of potassium, zinc and magnesium help regulate sodium levels, which is crucial to reduce pressure.
- Water and antioxidants tone and improve the elasticity of the arteries so that blood flows without any problem.
- It has anti-inflammatory compounds that prevent cardiac and circulatory difficulties.
5. Clean the kidneys
The mineral salts contained in coconut water help maintain an optimal level of electrolytes and, in turn, optimize the process.
- These substances clean the kidneys and urinary ducts , removing toxins, heavy metals and bacteria that affect the system.
- It increases the production of urine and, thanks to this, reduces the risk of kidney stones and insufficiency.
6. Relieves fluid retention
Coconut water has diuretic properties that stimulate the elimination of liquids that are retained in the tissues of the body.
- Its essential minerals, especially potassium, improve and promote disinflammation.
- Since it improves kidney function, it helps to filter the blood to remove waste and fluids that the body does not need.
7. Prevents premature aging
Eating this delicious beverage is a great nutritional supplement to reduce the risks of premature aging and chronic diseases.
- It has high concentrations of substances called cytokinins, recognized for stimulating the cell regeneration process.
- It also provides vitamin E and fatty acids, which protect the tissues against damage caused by free radicals in the environment.
- Its vitamins and minerals nourish the skin from the inside, keeping it elastic, firm and free of wrinkles and premature signs of aging.
- In addition, thanks to its favors the elimination of toxins retained in the blood.
Do you want to enjoy these benefits? We advise you to drink the natural beverage, at least, twice a week.
Try to acquire it directly from the coconuts , since commercial presentations usually have additives and preservatives that reduce their nutritional quality.