The hormonal changes that occur during menopause can cause, in most women, a considerable increase in body weight.
The reduction of the production of estrogen and progesterone changes the activity of the metabolism and, in addition to increasing the tendency to accumulate fat, leads to the loss of muscle mass.
This situation not only causes a notorious change in the figure , but, unfortunately, increases the risk of cardiovascular disease, type 2 diabetes and other metabolic disorders that reduce the .
However, there is a way to prevent and counteract it , especially when the lifestyle is improved long before going through these changes.
For this reason, today we want to share 7 good tips that you can put into practice to live this stage fully, without fear of suffering the effects of overweight.
1. Increase the consumption of natural diuretics
These ingredients help remove toxins that travel through the blood and, among other things, reduce the level of inflammation.
Some outstanding options are:
- Green Tea
- Horse tail
2. Drink enough water
Daily water consumption becomes more important when reaching menopause, not only because it benefits body weight, but because it regulates temperature and helps keep the body hydrated.
- This liquid improves blood circulation, optimizing the oxygenation of the cells so they can be renewed without problems.
- It supports the function of the excretory organs, avoiding the excessive accumulation of toxins and fats.
- It is ideal to prolong the feeling of satiety between meals , which reduces anxiety.
3. Do physical exercise
Although there are significant changes in the body, exercise continues to be one of the best tools to maintain healthy and stable .
- Its practice stimulates the activity of the metabolism , maintaining the rhythm that it requires to burn more calories.
- Strengthens muscle health and, supported by a good diet, prevents the loss of lean mass.
- Among other things, it is good to protect the bones and joints from the wear and tear they suffer from the decrease in estrogen.
4. Include blue fish in your diet
Blue fish has important nutritional benefits for women who are grappling with the effects of menopause.
- It contains proteins of high biological value, which help protect the muscles to prevent their wear.
- Their omega 3 fatty acids improve cardiovascular health and help reduce the levels of bad cholesterol (LDL).
- It is an anti-inflammatory food, low in calories, which supports diets to lose weight.
- It serves to protect the nervous system and health.
5. Eat oatmeal at breakfast
- It is an excellent option for menopausal women, as it helps to counteract the symptoms that cause hormonal changes.
- It is ideal for breakfast, since it prolongs the feeling of fullness and improves physical and mental performance.
- It helps maintain good digestive health and decreases the risk of developing or suffering from obesity and cardiovascular disorders.
6. Avoid the consumption of saturated fats and sodium
Foods high in saturated fat and sodium can worsen the situation of women who gain weight when they reach this stage.
- These affect the activity of the metabolism, slowing down its pace and generating difficulties to carry out its main processes.
- They are direct causes of abdominal fat accumulation and .
7. Limit the consumption of sugar
Refined sugar, as well as foods that contain it, can directly influence the increase in body weight and, in addition to this, generates other metabolic difficulties.
Although it should be limited at any stage of life, it is best to suppress or reduce it to the maximum when reaching menopause.
- Changes in hormonal activity reduce the ability of the body to use this substance as an energy source, which influences the accumulation of fat.
- On the other hand, their blood there is a high probability of developing diabetes.
Are you worried about weight changes when you reach menopause? To avoid them to a large extent, keep all these recommendations in mind and apply them permanently as part of your lifestyle.