The smell of feet is not a serious health issue , but a symptom that we can treat for comfort. In addition, on some occasions it also negatively influences our personal relationships.
Discover in this article 7 tips to end the smell of feet with natural remedies.
Tips to combat the smell of feet
1. Foot baths
This technique is not only effective for the bad smell of feet. It is also very pleasant and helps us to relax and improve the night’s rest .
- We just have to prepare a container with hot water in which we can put our feet.
- We can add or sea salt , we very beneficial ingredients for health and to eliminate the bad smell.
- We will do the bathroom for half an hour and we can repeat it every day before going to bed, if we wish.
2. Walk barefoot through nature
Life in the cities has distanced us from nature and some habits have remained as memories of childhood.
- Whenever possible, we should take refuge in nature to walk barefoot through the sand, the sea, the river, mud or grass .
- This habit is excellent for keeping feet healthy, free of bacteria and odors, and improving overall health.
3. Drink a lot of water
The best way to cleanse the body and eliminate toxins is to drink water throughout the day. In this way we balance sweat and reduce odor .
- We should drink 2 liters of water per day divided into several doses and always outside meals.
- At the beginning of the day, we can already drink water on an empty stomach, at least half an hour before breakfast.
4. A more alkaline diet
Food is always key in any natural treatment. With the diet we can favor the accumulation or elimination of toxins , according to the foods that we choose.
In this case, to eliminate foot odor we should opt for a more alkaline diet:
- Eliminate refined flours and incorporate whole grains rich in fiber .
- Substitute sugar for natural sweeteners such as stevia or honey.
- Reduce your salt intake and always choose sea salt or salt from the Himalayas instead of the refined ones.
- Drink vegetable drinks instead of milk.
- Reduce the consumption of red meat and increase vegetable protein (legumes, nuts, seeds, etc.). Egg and fish are very healthy options too.
- Eliminate harmful fats (fried foods, junk food, sauces, etc.) and consume healthy fats (olive oil, coconut oil, avocado,
5. Homemade talc
If we want to make a simple homemade talc to remove the moisture from the feet and footwear and counteract the bad smells we can use white clay combined with some essential oil .
The most effective aromas in these cases are the following:
We should not confuse essential oils with synthetic essences or scents , which could be harmful to skin contact.
6. Good shoes, good socks
To prevent the smell of feet is essential to choose a good shoe that is breathable . This is essential, especially when it is hot or we practice sports. However, whenever possible we will use open footwear.
Socks are also an important choice. They should be made of natural fabrics such as cotton.
7. Foot mask
Masks are not just for the face. They also allow us to treat some disorders locally, through the topical application of medicinal ingredients.
- Clay contains a large amount of minerals and trace elements that penetrate the skin through the pores.
- In parallel, they also absorb harmful substances and prevent infections.
How is it done?
- We can use green or red clay.
- We will mix it with water until making a paste. We must not use utensils or containers made of metal or plastic.
- We will spread the clay by the feet and let it act for 20 minutes.
- We will wash our feet well, dry them and hydrate them to avoid the dryness that clay can cause.
- We will make this mask once a week