The lungs are very important organs for our life, since they are responsible for providing us with the oxygen our cells require and, in passing, they are responsible for expelling carbon dioxide through expiration.
Their functions go far beyond the respiratory ends because, among other things, they are necessary to filter the harmful particles and agents that are in the environment.
The problem is that they are so complex and delicate that sometimes their health is compromised by the accumulation of toxins and various types of infections.
As a consequence, a series of negative reactions are triggered at the respiratory level, and several diseases that can affect the are generated.
Fortunately, there are several ingredients of natural origin that, after being ingested, provide support to this system to improve its purification capacity.
In this opportunity we want to share 8 healthy herbs whose properties protect and improve lung health.
Do not stop trying!
Thyme is one of the herbs that are recommended for the relief of irritation and congestion of the respiratory tract.
- Its essential oils exert an antibiotic, antifungal and anti-inflammatory effect that, in addition to strengthening the immune system, promotes the cleansing of the
- Both the consumption of its infusion and the inhalation of its vapors can serve as a remedy to stimulate the elimination of the toxins retained in the system.
2. Licorice Root
Licorice root is one of the herbs of traditional Chinese medicine that has become popular around the world for its many medicinal applications.
- Its anti-inflammatory and analgesic compounds reduce inflammation of the respiratory passages and throat . Thus, they facilitate the passage of oxygen to the cells.
By the way, they help to soften the mucous membranes of the body, including those lining the lungs and throat.
- Its expectorant and antibacterial effects help eliminate excess phlegm, controlling congestion and breathing difficulties.
This, added to its essential nutrients, increases the immune response of the body in the presence of viruses and bacteria.
Oregano is an aromatic herb that stands out for its high content of rosmarinic acid and carvacrol, two antioxidants that help curb the production of histamine in cases of respiratory allergies.
- Its anti-inflammatory and expectorant agents help to clear the airways, facilitating the elimination of phlegm and toxins retained in the lungs.
- The natural oil obtained from its leaves is an effective remedy against bacterial infections, such as the flu or the cold.
Plantain has been used since ancient times as a potent remedy that relieves the irritation of mucous membranes in the lungs and throat.
Natural sage drink is a natural remedy against irritation of the lungs , especially in smokers.
- Its antibacterial and depurative compounds help to remove the toxic compounds that are retained in your tissues. Thus, they provide relief from congestion and respiratory difficulties.
The refreshing aroma of eucalyptus has been used for hundreds of years as a complement to promote lung health.
Although not everyone can tolerate their compounds, most often find quick relief from congestion, coughing and irritation of the .
Its active compound, cineol, gives it an expectorant and anti-inflammatory action that helps treat conditions such as bronchitis, asthma and common colds.
In addition, it provides powerful antioxidants that help strengthen the immune system.
Peppermint and its essential oil contain menthol, a popular ingredient in the treatment of lung diseases.
This substance relaxes the smooth muscles of the respiratory tract and promotes normal breathing, especially in cases of congestion.
It also has antihistamine and detoxifying properties that help curb the symptoms of respiratory allergies.
The leaves and flowers of the mullein plant have active substances that help strengthen and purify the lungs.
Do you have any breathing difficulties? If so, do not hesitate to try any of the mentioned herbs to restore your lung health.
Main image courtesy of © wikiHow.com