Low back pain is one of the health problems that generates more medical consultations. Although it may be the result of poor posture, it is sometimes caused by irritation or deterioration of some of the structures in the lower spine .
It is described as a feeling of stiffness and tension in the lower region of the back, which may be accompanied by small stitches or .
Those who suffer from it often have difficulty performing tasks that involve physical effort. In fact, many times the condition worsens and produces limitations in the movement.
Although it usually occurs mildly and sporadically, it is important to analyze its origin to access a treatment that prevents the development of other complications.
In this opportunity we want to share 8 related medical causes that you should not overlook. Discover them!
1. Lumbar osteoarthritis
This degenerative disease affects the intervertebral discs that serve as stabilizers of the spine. It triggers an inflammatory response, which causes pain, stiffness and difficulties in making certain movements.
- It usually develops due to the wear and tear of the joint due to aging.
- It can also be the result of overload or
2. Muscular strain
Stretching or stretching a muscle or ligament in the lower back can also be the source of pain. This situation produces instability in the spine and difficulties in maintaining certain postures.
- Its main cause is the practice of high impact physical activities or the sudden and repetitive movements of some sports.
- It can also be due to overweight and some conditions.
3. Muscle contracture
Most cases of low back pain are the product of a muscle disorder. For example, the contraction of a muscle in the area causes it to remain static and, by not returning to its original state, produces inflammation and pain.
- This injury is caused by undue efforts or by performing some movements with an inappropriate .
4. Lumbar spinal disc problems
Problems known as discopathies, such as herniated discs or osteophytes, can explain the recurrent pains in the lower back.
- These degenerative ailments produce irritation, pain and difficulties to make high impact physical efforts.
- In general, the symptoms increase when you wake up or remain seated for a long time.
- In addition, the sensation of pain and tingling may extend to the legs, especially if a nerve is involved.
5. Muscular weakness
- As a consequence the area is stressed and the pain that can extend from this area of the body to the arms and legs increase.
6. Ailments of the female reproductive system
Certain conditions of the female reproductive system can be linked to the back pain that appears sporadically. This happens, often, by contractions of the uterus by eliminating menstrual blood.
- It can also be a product of disorders such as endometriosis or bladder infections .
- If it is a recurring pain, which goes from the to the lower back, it is better to request a checkup.
7. Stomach and bowel problems
Most people attribute back pain to conditions that affect the spine. However, in certain cases it can be a warning sign of diseases of the digestive system.
- Conditions such as peptic ulcers, rectal pain and constipation can trigger a lumbar discomfort similar to common back pain.
8. Diseases of the kidneys
It is very important to consider diseases of the kidneys as a possible cause of low back pain. Although this is not your only symptom, it usually appears when the problem is getting complicated.
- The pain usually occurs on the sides and the lower central area of the back. It usually appears due to the presence of kidney stones or .
- Other manifestations include evident changes in the color and odor of urine, moderate fever and burning sensation when urinating.
Do you usually suffer from lower back pain? If you have a good body posture and you consider that there is another cause behind this symptom, consult the doctor to perform the relevant exams.
Although it is not always serious, it is better to determine if its origin is a disease of greater care.