Varicose veins are dilations of the veins that make it difficult for blood to flow through them. It is very common for women who work at a desk every day to suffer them.
However, there are men who can also suffer from this problem.
Known as the most common circulatory affection after hypertension , varicose veins are mainly generated by standing for a long time or sitting.
For this reason it is so common in women who throughout the day are in heels or .
If you suffer from varicose veins and need to get rid of them, today we bring you the 8 more exercises we recommend to treat varicose veins in your own home.
Exercises for varicose veins
Exercise is one of the most effective ways to prevent the onset or, failing that, reduce varicose veins .
Doing activities helps to strengthen the muscles of the legs and promotes venous return. These are easy and simple routines that can be carried out at home without the need for any special machine.
If the varicose veins that you present are very pronounced and in great quantity, it is advisable that you consult with your GP what is happening to you.
It will evaluate your symptoms and with respect to that, it will prescribe some type of medication and a special exercise routine.
Many times people tend to suffer cramps or spasms, associated with varicose veins and the circulatory problem they bring with them.
These exercises will help relieve your ailments and, of course, to have more toned and attractive legs.
This is a fairly used exercise for the treatment of varicose veins.
- It consists of doing the simulation that a bicycle is being pedaled in the air.
- You can do it in your bed, on a mat for yoga.
- Pedal about 30 times and repeat everything you want, yes, with rest between each session.
- Go out every day, to the park or to make the purchases in bicycle , you will be doing exercise without knowing it.
- You can also take your family and being an hour pedaling will suffice.
- If you do not feel like going out to a park and you prefer to be at home, you can choose static bicycles that will do the same function as a common one.
3. Separation of legs
You can do it sitting on a chair, on a rug or directly on the bed.
- Lift and spread the legs and spread them up and down with the tips of the feet together.
- Do 20 repetitions of this exercise.
- At the beginning it will be a bit difficult, because it requires some strength but, over time, you will strengthen your legs and it will not be so complicated.
- Lie on a yoga mat, a rug or your bed and lift a leg.
- With the leg that is stretched, make movements in the sense of the needles of the clock .
- Perform 20 turns and then repeat it with the other leg but in the opposite direction.
5. Heel-tip presses
- It is advisable to do it seated .
- Support the heels of the floor and lift the toes .
- Then lower the tips of your feet and raise your heels.
- Repeat 20 or 30 times .
6. Push-ups of the toes
- Lie down on your bed or on the floor on a rug and spread your
- Then flex your fingers back and forth and repeat about 20 times on each leg.
- This exercise is excellent for improving venous return , in addition to helping to tone the muscles of the calves.
7. Feet together
You can do it sitting or lying down, as it is more comfortable for you.
- Join and repeatedly separate the tip of the feet and repeat the exercise 20 times.
The walking on tiptoe is excellent to stretch the muscles and avoid spasms thanks to the pressure exerted.
- You can stay in one place or walk on tiptoe .
- Repeat this as many times as you want and rest between each session.
Main image courtesy of © wikiHow.com