Were you diagnosed with yellow fever? This is an endemic disease in Africa, Central and South America. We will tell you which are the best natural alternatives to alleviate the symptoms of the virus.
The symptoms of the disease are very annoying and weaken the one who contracted it. They must be treated with great care to avoid complications. Nature offers us several alternatives to alleviate them. If you do not know this evil, we inform you about it.
What is yellow fever?
It is an acute viral disease and, in some cases, hemorrhagic , which mainly affects people who live or are in Africa, Central and South America. In these areas it is maintained stationary and for a long time.
It is transmitted through the bite of the Aedus aegypti mosquito that has previously bitten an infected person and then a healthy one. Its incubation period is 3 to 6 days, from that moment the contagious person begins to manifest symptoms. These appear in two stages, the second being the most dangerous.
What are your symptoms?
First stage or acute phase
- Muscle aches, especially in the back
- Nausea or vomiting
- Shaking chills
- Loss of appetite
These symptoms usually stay for a period of 3 to 4 days . Then they disappear or intensify, giving way to the second symptomatic stage, in which the care must be doubled. In the first phase the diagnosis is difficult because it is confused with other diseases such as malaria, leptospirosis, hemorrhagic dengue and hepatitis.
In the second stage or toxic phase
- Jaundice or yellowing of the skin and eyes. From this characteristic the name was given to the disease.
- High fever
- Nasal, ocular, or gastric hemorrhages
- Failures in the functioning of some organs, especially the liver and kidneys. The latter requires performing dialysis.
Is there a cure for yellow fever?
Unfortunately, until now an exact cure for the disease has not been discovered . Therefore, you can only treat your symptoms to avoid complications.
To prevent contagion, there is a vaccine that can provide 10 or more years of immunity against the disease . Even, many countries require the certificate of this vaccine to travelers who want to enter their territories. This is a mandatory health measure.
To prevent yellow fever it is also important to eliminate mosquito breeding sites, use insect repellent and avoid stings. Especially if you live or visit the populations at risk.
Natural remedies to relieve the symptoms of yellow fever
Remedy of cayenne pepper
Cayenne pepper has anti-flu, antifungal, anti-inflammatory and antibacterial properties. It is used to treat flu, arthritis, diabetes, psoriasis and toothache. It helps improve digestion, heart health and promotes weight loss. To relieve the symptoms of yellow fever you can make a remedy with this spice.
- 1 teaspoon of cayenne pepper (5 g)
- 1 teaspoon of turmeric powder (5 g)
- The juice of a lemon
- 1 clove garlic
- Honey (to taste)
- 1 cup of water (250 ml)
What should you do?
- Take a pot and boil the water.
- While you wait for it to boil, in a bowl mix the turmeric, the crushed garlic, the honey and the lemon juice.
- When the water enters the boiling point, add the previous mixture until no lumps remain.
- Drink the hot and freshly made preparation.
Coconut water is an excellent option to stay hydrated . Yellow fever can cause dehydration so the consumption of fluids is very important to avoid it.
What should you do?
- Coconut water helps you replenish lost electrolytes and nutrients.
- Take a glass (200 ml) of this water at least 6 times a day.
Garlic has antifungal, antibacterial and anti-flu properties , which makes it another natural alternative to relieve the symptoms of yellow fever. The symptoms of the virus can weaken you significantly and garlic will help strengthen your immune system.
What should you do?
- Take 2 cloves of garlic in the morning, crush them and consume them as capsules.
Treating the symptoms of yellow fever is very important to avoid complications. If you were diagnosed with this disease you should keep a regular check with the doctor to know the status of the virus.