Anti-inflammatory creams help reduce the inflammation that occurs in a certain part of our body and that goes through pain and discomfort. The reasons why inflammation can occur are several. From a blow, to a chronic problem.
For example, if we give ourselves a blow and we get a bruise , the area will become inflamed. On the other hand, if we do not hit each other, inflammation may occur due to low back pain or, even, poor circulation in the legs.
The anti-inflammatory creams allow us to deal with all these problems, relieving the area and allowing us to feel much better. Have you ever used any anti-inflammatory cream? Today we are going to discover what their properties are and some uses that we can give them.
Properties of anti-inflammatory creams
The anti-inflammatory creams have many properties that allow the inflammation to remit effectively and in a few minutes. However, we have to bear in mind that we have different options. That is, we have inflammatory creams that we can buy or make in our own home.
Some creams that we can find in pharmacies or that our doctor can prescribe for us carry names like: voltarén, flogoprofen, dolaren or traumeel . There are many other anti-inflammatory creams, but these are some of the names that may sound more familiar to us.
However, if we want to opt for something more natural and resort to a product that we can have at hand and that has anti-inflammatory properties, we must pay attention to the following products:
- Turmeric : is a spice that can be as effective as some anti-inflammatory creams.
- Ulmaria : its anti-inflammatory properties are very effective in treating rheumatic pain .
- Evening primrose oil : has vasodilating and anti-inflammatory properties.
- Garlic : among its anti-inflammatory properties it also has the ability to improve circulation.
As we can see, there are several products that we can have at our disposal and that have anti-inflammatory properties. However, the creams that we can buy usually have a good enough effect to remit the problems we may be suffering.
How are anti-inflammatory creams used?
For anti-inflammatory creams to take effect we must consider how to use them in the right way . For this, the first thing we have to do is read the leaflet to also verify that they do not contain any ingredient to which we are allergic .
Once we have done this, it is important that we follow the directions of our doctor . For example, if our doctor tells us to throw a generous amount on the area, we will do so. We will proceed in the same way in the opposite case.
Why can this happen? Because, sometimes, the creams are very unctuous and if we exceed their amount the skin may not absorb all the product . Also, well, the product will last us much longer. However, we are going to see other issues that we must take into account:
- Clean the area well : the area in which we apply the cream should be clean and dry. Thus the product will penetrate properly into the skin.
- Apply the cream on the area to be treated : we must focus the application of the cream only on the area that needs it. This will prevent areas that do not need it from showing any unexpected reaction.
- Massage the cream until its absorption : giving a massage in the area that we are treating will help the cream to penetrate better since the inflammation, too, will be reduced.
- Do not use too much product : if we put too much cream and it is not absorbed, do not leave the product on as if it were to be absorbed alone. Let’s remove the excess and next time we apply the proper dose.
- Do not use an expired product : using an expired cream can cause us to get hives or an allergic reaction. It is better to discard a product even if it has been used little than to reuse it when it has expired.
Why did you need to use anti-inflammatory creams? The most common uses are bruises or circulation problems that cause swelling in the feet or hands. However, there are times when rheumatitis or muscle contractures require these products.
A responsible use of these creams, even those that we can make with homemade products, will help us to alleviate the localized inflammation that generates so much pain and discomfort.