Soy milk is made from dried soybeans with water, which provides a nutritional content similar to that of cow’s milk; It is a good low fat option; besides being an excellent option for people intolerant to lactose and for vegetarians, and vegans.
NUTRITIONAL CONTENT OF SOYBEAN MILK
VITAMINS AND MINERALS
Soy milk provides -250 ml per serving. – B vitamins, such as vitamin B2 , which provides 0.50 mg, 120 IU. of vitamin D and about 300 mg. of calcium per serving.
A glass of soy milk contains 4 grams of fat, of which a small amount, 0.5 grams are saturated fat , and has no trans fat or cholesterol, so it is a good choice for a healthy diet, which limits the unhealthy fats.
A glass of milk of 250 ml. of soy milk provides 100 calories, 8 grams of carbohydrates and 7 grams of protein, and is nutritionally comparable to cow’s milk.
BENEFITS OF SOY FOR THE AGENCY
– Soy milk is a healthy alternative to animal milk, since it is a good source of protein, which contains all the essential amino acids, essential fatty acids, vitamins, minerals and phytonutrients.
– It does not contain cholesterol and only a negligible amount of saturated fat , so it is healthy for the heart.
– Soy milk is able to reduce cholesterol levels and reduce the risk of coronary artery disease.
SITUATIONS IN WHICH SOYA MAY INTERFERE
– Soy products contain isoflavones, which can interfere with the way thyroid hormones work, so you should not take it if you have thyroid problems.
– Soy can be a reactive allergen for some people, and develop anaphylactic reactions to soy , giving symptoms such as hives on the skin, inflammation of the throat, difficulty breathing and circulatory collapse.
– People who constantly take large amounts of soy products can be four times more likely to develop cognitive problems, such as memory and learning problems.
– If you are not used to eating soy products, it can cause in some cases gastrointestinal problems , such as nausea and constipation, problems to reconcile or maintain sleep and migraines .