Inflammatory diseases and the diet of those who suffer from them are closely related. A bad diet has to do directly with the appearance of these pathologies or with the worsening of the prognosis of these patients.
It is proven that one of the benefits of cabbage and carrot in the body is just to prevent inflammation . Taking advantage of these properties, we propose a recipe that includes the two ingredients: wrapped in cabbage with carrots.
The relationship between diet and inflammatory diseases
The inflammatory response is a mechanism of self-defense of the organism; When it becomes chronic, it begins to be a serious health problem. Their condition greatly limits the quality of life of those who suffer them.
Among the inflammatory diseases we can mention arthritis, fibromyalgia, thyroid disorders and those associated with candidiasis (fungal infection).
The daily diet is fundamental in relation to these ailments . A poor diet is precarious in mono and polyunsaturated fats, cereals, fruits, vegetables and carbohydrates , trans and saturated fats; Well, it is an inflammatory diet.
People who eat this way have high risks of inflammatory processes in their blood. In that sense, one of the best diets to protect yourself is the Mediterranean . Among other ingredients, this is rich in vegetables, fruits, cereals and mono and polyunsaturated fats.
Benefits of cabbage and carrots
Cabbage is a cruciferous vegetable that contains many nutrients. Apart from the protein and fiber that it includes, it is rich in minerals such as calcium, magnesium, potassium and manganese . Its consumption provides vitamins C, K and B complex.
The carrot, on the other hand, is a tuber that has a high percentage of vitamin A, among other nutrients. This vegetable protects to a great extent the liver from inflammatory processes , as well as the digestive system in general.
A good way to eat these beneficial vegetables is this delicious recipe for wrapped cabbage with carrots. It is a healthy, nutritious and with an exquisite natural flavor. Do you want to know how to prepare it?
Wrapped cabbage with carrot and minced meat
The most creative way to include cabbage in the diet is to use it to wrap various fillings, such as protein or other vegetables. Its large leaves lend themselves to it. Thus, it is enough to put the imagination to work to create many fillings .
Ingredients for 6 people
- 1 medium cabbage
- 1 shredded chicken breast (250 g)
- 2 cups of bone and vegetable broth (500 ml)
- 1 finely chopped onion
- 1 red pepper, sliced
- 3 garlic cloves mashed
- 1 cauliflower
- ½ cup of bread crumbs (100 g)
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped parsley (30 g)
- 4 tablespoons of finely chopped dill (60 g)
- ½ cup of grated carrots (100 g)
- ½ cup of fried tomato (125 ml)
- Olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste)
- Cook the cabbage in enough water with salt , for about eight minutes. The exact time will depend on the hardness of the cabbage leaves.
- Remove the cabbage, let cool and separate the leaves. Reserve.
- In a pan, heat a little olive oil and sauté the garlic. Then add the onion and pepper.
- Add the chicken to the sauce and continue stirring for a while .
- Add the fried tomato to the meat and cook for five more minutes.
- Add the parsley, dill, cauliflower , carrot and bread. To obtain a very thick and manageable mixture we must let the liquid be consumed .
- Arrange the cabbage leaves open and pour in each one two tablespoons of the chicken stew. Begin folding the sides and finally roll up the leaves.
- Place the wrapped in a tray, cover with bone broth and bake at 175 ° C for about 20 minutes.
Other filling alternatives are lean meat prepared in the same way, light cheese, tuna or other fish, cooked vegetables or legumes. A good idea is to prepare a sauce with a vegetable to bathe the wrapped before introducing them in the oven.
With this recipe the cabbage with carrot is united, a very pleasant combination to satisfy the daily nutritional requirements. In addition, thanks to its properties, it serves to prevent or control inflammatory diseases .