The appearance of fungus on the nails is a problem that generates some concern . Although it is not always serious or notorious, the gradual development of its symptoms makes many prefer to treat them as soon as possible.
In the beginning it manifests itself with a change in the color and texture of the nail. Later, when the infection becomes complicated, a weakening occurs that often ends in the total loss of the nail.
Can fungi cause pain? Patients with this condition usually ask themselves this question because, in general, it is not perceived during the initial stages.
However, when it is allowed to advance without treatment, it is very likely that the sensitivity in the area increases , leading to this and other symptoms.
In this opportunity we want to review some of its main causes and several that help to combat them effectively.
Why are fungi produced in the nails?
Nail fungi are known in medical terms as onychomycosis. It is an infection that originates when the dermatophytes and yeasts get to proliferate excessively , either in the nails of the hands or feet.
These microorganisms manage to grow more easily in humid and warm environments, like those offered by some shoes. In addition, they may indicate a weakening of the immune system , since there are not enough defenses to stop them.
- Have contact with humid and warm environments in public spaces such as swimming pools, gyms or showers.
- Do not dry your feet carefully after showering.
- Use shoes or socks whose manufacturing material does not allow adequate .
- Have excessive sweating (hyperhidrosis).
- Have diabetes mellitus.
- Have deformities in the nails.
Do nail fungus cause pain?
Many people have doubts regarding the symptoms of onychomycosis. Although the changes in the nails are obvious symptoms, many doubt the infection due to the absence of pain.
Fungal symptoms may include:
- Changes in the color of the nails
- Nails that swell or deform
- Nail breakage or total loss of this
- Pain and itching on the skin surrounding the nail
Home remedies to fight nail fungus
If the fungal infection is severe, it is best to consult the doctor. If it is in its initial stages, the application of some home remedies may be enough to achieve its recovery.
Tea tree essential oil
This powerful antimicrobial and one of the best solutions to stop the growth of fungi that affect the quality of the nails.
How to use?
- Moisten a piece of cotton with the oil and rub it over the affected nail.
- Use it 2 times a day, until it is completely cured.
Because of its content of organic acids and essential oils, lemon juice has the ability to alter the environment that microorganisms need to proliferate.
How to use?
- Rub half a lemon on the affected nail and let it act for at least 30 minutes.
- Rinse and repeat its use up to 3 times a day.
How to use it?
- Cut a piece of onion and fix it with a bandage on the nail.
- Let him act all night.
- Repeat the treatment, at least, for 2 weeks.
Oregano essential oil
Popular for its ability to improve respiratory health, the essential oil of oregano is another of the great allies against this type of infection.
How to use?
- Apply a little essential oil of oregano on the affected nails and let it work without rinsing.
- Use it 2 times a day to get better results.
Apple cider vinegar
How to use?
- Sprinkle some apple cider vinegar on the affected nails.
- Optionally, add the ingredient in a bowl with warm water and submerge the feet or hands for 20 minutes.
- Use it until you control the problem.
Are you worried about having nail fungus? Identify your symptoms and try to provide them with treatment before they cause major damage.