A tropical and citrus touch for the traditional ice cream, this is what we will achieve with this recipe of caramelized pineapple with vanilla ice cream. This is a dessert for those occasions when we want to do something extraordinary in the kitchen, a recipe that has a touch of ours.
For the caramelized pineapple:
- Four slices of pineapple
- Refined sugar or brown sugar
- Clove, cinnamon, or guayabita pepper (to taste)
- ¼ cup of brandy or rum
For the vanilla ice cream:
- 2 cups of liquid milk
- ¾ cup of sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon of salt
- 4 yellow eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence or (vanilla pod)
- Refrigerator or electric machine to make ice cream
- Rod whisk (manual)
- A pan
- Hermetic bags
- Stainless steel bowl
- Glasses to serve ice cream
- Start by arranging all the ingredients in the measures required in the work table, so that the process of elaboration is easier and not mess up the kitchen.
- Turn on the refrigerator or electric machine to make ice cream , let it cool.
- In a saucepan place the milk, sugar and salt and beat with a hand whisk very well.
- Add the egg yolks to the mixture , avoid having a trace of whites.
- Place the pot on moderate heat and stir now with a wooden spoon.
- Cook the mixture until it thickens a little, bubbles begin to appear around the liquid and a film of fat or cream is formed on top.
- Remove from heat and let cool completely.
- Put the mixture in the container of the ice cream machine , turn it on and process according to the manufacturer’s instructions, until it has the consistency of ice cream. An average of 60 minutes.
- Now let’s make the caramelized pineapple. Take the pineapple slices to a pot with the sugar, brandy and spices (optional).
- Let the mixture caramelize, about eight minutes over moderate heat.
- You can also do this in the oven. In any case, make sure that the pineapple takes a bronze color.
- Serve the ice cream and on it place the pineapple a little warm, along with a bit of caramel. Decorate with a Exquisite!
Data of interest
- Difficulty: High
- Preparation time: 40 minutes
- Freezing time: minimum 60 minutes
- Number of servings: 4
- If you are going to use a vanilla pod, place it in the Remove from the fire. Let stand 20 minutes and then remove the pod. That’s the milk you’ll use to prepare the ice cream.
- You can make the ice cream without a machine , but you will have to make double effort. How? Place in a sealed bag many ice cubes or crushed ice and coarse salt. In another smaller and also hermetic bag, place the vanilla ice cream mixture and stir vigorously, but avoid spilling the mixture or breaking the bag. Massage and shake the bag for 30 minutes and then take it to the freezer for the same amount of time. However, remember that this process will not be the same as with the refrigerator.
- This is the ice cream base, if you add juices or pieces of frozen fruit, you can make the ice cream of the flavor you like .
- If you add cocoa to the mix you will have
- The ice cream was born in the year 4000 BC, the Egyptian, Arab, Roman and Chinese empires already knew of the refreshing value of this drink. It was in 1903 when the first ice cream machine was created.