The popular legend estimates that the cheese cake was created around 2000 BC as a variation of the cake used by athletes in the Olympics.
The cheese cake was undergoing various modifications over the centuries, until the end of the nineteenth century Arnold Reuben, a German cook, used cream cheese to make this cake. Since then, this sweet has become one of the most popular desserts in the world and is undoubtedly the one with the most variations.
However, it can get a bit boring, as we all know it. Therefore, here we teach you how to make cheesecake and caramel snacks , a new option with the same flavor as always.
Cheesecake and caramel bites
- 1 cream cheese tub (Philadelphia type)
- ¼ cup of sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- ¼ teaspoon
- 1 egg
- ¼ cup of
- Liquid candy
- 6 bittersweet crackers
- 1 package of black chocolate for baking
- 1 oven source
- Baking paper
- 1 bowl
- 1 blender
- 1 saucepan
- Line a baking dish with baking paper.
- With the help of a blender, beat the cream cheese with the sugar, vanilla and lemon juice.
- Add the egg and beat again to form a homogeneous mixture .
- Pour the mixture into the baking dish and cook for about 30 minutes, until the mixture is firm.
- Leave to warm on the hob and then refrigerate for 2 hours (this step is necessary so that the oven source does not break when passing quickly from heat to cold).
- Peel the mixture from the dish and crumble it in a bowl.
- Add strawberries and caramel (without going over) and mix with your hands softly .
- With the help of a blender, make crackers crumbs.
- Form balls with the mixture and coat them in the crackers.
- Put in the fridge for an hour.
- In a saucepan, melt the chocolate and bathe the balls with it, either submerging them or placing the balls on a rack and pouring the chocolate on top.
- Return to the refrigerator until the chocolate gets hard .
Data of interest:
- Preparation time : 1 hour
- Cooking time: from 30 minutes to 60, depending on the oven.
- Cooling time: 4 hours
- If you want to give another flavor to the snacks, instead of strawberries you can use raspberries, blackberries or blueberries, as you would in any cheesecake.
- Liquid candy can be purchased or made homemade.
Cheesecake and sautéed caramel bites
- 1 ¼ cup of crackers in pieces
- 3 spoonfuls of sugar
- 1/3 cup butter softened at room temperature
- 2 tubs of cream cheese, type Philadelphia
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1 can of
- ¼ cup of sour cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoon of
- 1/3 cup of brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons of liquid caramel
- Coarse sea salt
- Truffle molds
- 1 small bowl
- 1 spoon
- 1 blender
- 1 pan
- Preheat the oven to 180ºC.
- Mix the crumbs of crackers and 1 tablespoon of sugar in a small bowl.
- Add the softened butter and beat well until a homogeneous mixture is obtained.
- Pour the mixture into the truffle molds and smooth with a spoon.
- Bake for 5 minutes and then allow to cool to room temperature .
- Beat the cream cheese, flour and two tablespoons of sugar with the blender until you get a mixture of spongy consistency.
- Add ¾ of the condensed milk, sour cream and vanilla while stirring until the mixture softens.
- Pour this dough over the previous one in the molds until almost filling them.
- Bake 15 to 18 minutes until almost done .
- Allow to cool for 1 hour.
- Melt 2 tablespoons of butter in a small skillet over medium heat.
- Add the brown sugar, caramel and condensed milk remaining and stir until smooth.
- When it begins to bubble, remove from heat and let cool .
- Pour over the cheesecake bites.
- Sprinkle with a little sea salt.
Data of interest:
- Preparation time: 30 minutes
- Cooking time: 20 minutes
- Cooling time : 1 hour
Image courtesy of Renata F. Oliveira.