The chickpea and mushroom omelette is one of the most popular meals of the moment within the world of healthy lifestyle habits. And now people pay more attention to the alternatives offered by food, unlike a few years ago, when it was a bit strange to talk about a chickpea tortilla.
The options that we present below are suitable for people intolerant to as they do not include ingredients that may affect their nutrition. It should be noted that the yogurt that is indicated in one of the two recipes is of animal origin, although it can be substituted by one of soy.
Chickpea and mushroom omelette
- 1 spring onion (80 g)
- 1 tray of mushrooms (100 g)
- ½ red or green pepper (30 g)
- ⅓ cup of chickpea flour (50 g)
- Vegetable oil (the amount needed)
- Condiments: soy sauce, salt, pepper, paprika, herbs.
- In a bowl, place the chickpea flour together with the condiments (especially herbs and paprika). Mix everything with the help of a spoon and add a little water. In this way, a kind of paste will start to form.
- We remove the mixture with slow and enveloping movements until the paste has enough consistency. We reserve
- Cut the pepper and spring onion into small pieces while we preheat a pan with a drizzle of oil over medium heat.
- Besides, we wash the mushrooms well and cut them as we like. Then take them to sauté in a pan with the onion and pepper. Once they are golden, add a little soy sauce , stir and add the chickpea flour paste.
- Let the tortilla brown on both sides and let a couple of minutes on low heat so that it finishes cooking well inside. We serve hot.
This delicious omelet with chickpeas and mushrooms can be served with a rich salad of arugula, spinach, cherry tomatoes, red apple pieces, it can also be enjoyed with other types of green leaf salads .
Exotic chickpea omelette
- ½ teaspoon of salt (2.5 g)
- 2 salad tomatoes (80 g)
- 1 small purple onion (30 g)
- 2 tablespoons of plain yogurt (30 g)
- ⅔ cup of chickpea flour (100 g)
- Optional: fresh or pickled jalapeño, fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon of chia seeds (15 g)
- ½ teaspoon of baking soda (2, 5 g)
- Condiments: salt (preferably
- In a bowl, mix all the dry ingredients while pouring, little by little, the yogurt and a little water.
- We remove with enveloping movements and add water until a sufficiently thick and flexible mixture is obtained. The idea is that it is neither too dense nor too liquid. It is very important not to leave lumps.
- Let the mixture stand for a couple of minutes and, meanwhile, wash and cut the
- Heat a pan over medium heat with a drizzle of olive oil and, once it is hot, proceed to brown the onion. Afterwards, add the tomatoes and the jalapeño, and let it cook a little for a minute, stirring constantly so that the ingredients are not burned .
- We take the mixture of chickpeas to the pan, little by little, so that the dough is distributed throughout the pan and wrap the ingredients that we already had in it. We let it cook on the side and then turn it over . We repeat this process until we make sure that the tortilla is well cooked. This process will take between 5 and 7 minutes, approximately.
- Serve hot and ready!
Companions and dressings
This chickpea omelette can also be prepared as if it were scrambled eggs and it is very, very tasty, so it is worth trying it in this way. As for the possible companions, we have several options: slices of avocado or red apple (or another piece of fruit of our choice), a grilled chicken breast, skewered vegetables or meat, or just a can of tuna.
Now, as for dressings and sauces, those that best suit these two recipes are those that are made from yogurt. However, they can also be tasted with a rich mustard and vinaigrette ; peppermint, lemon, olive oil and garlic, among others.
Although we think that these chickpea tortillas are a perfect choice for breakfast, since it brings a lot of energy and satiety, it can also be enjoyed after an exercise session or even as a dinner. In case you decide to include it in your breakfast, do not forget to accompany it with a to complement the nutritional value of the first meal of the day.