La charlota is a dessert that, besides being delicious, is very romantic. Born in France where it is known as Charlotte, it is made with sponge cake and stuffed with The charlotte of chocolate and
Its preparation is not difficult, however, we must put a lot of heart in the creation of the cream with which it will be refilled, so that it has a good consistency and flavor. Thats the secret.
The charlotte presumes to have been born to please royalty. Its creation is attributed to the French chef Marie-Antoine Carême. It is a cold dessert that plays with the textures: crocancia of the soletilla and creaminess of the filling.
Then the step by step recipe of chocolate and banana charlotte.
- A packet of sponge cakes (40 sponge cakes)
- Three egg yolks
- 50 g of icing sugar
- 150 g of chocolate coverage
- 300 ml of whipping cream
- Three bananas or exchanges
- 20 g of butter
- 20 g of sugar
For the syrup:
- 70 ml of water
- 60 grams of sugar
- Juice of a lemon
- A small glass of rum or cointreau.
- Electric mixer
- Steel rods
- A medium pot
- A medium bowl
- Kitchen knife
- A pan
- Measuring cups (grams / milliliters)
- Film paper
- Mold for carlots, without base. Circumference of 20 centimeters or less.
- Start preparing the mold where you will assemble it. Place it on a plate covered with cling film and do the same on the walls of the mold so that you can later remove it easily.
- Start preparing the sabayon cream . Cut into pieces or grate the chocolate and bring it to a bain-marie over moderate heat until it melts. Remove from the fire.
- In another bowl place the beaten egg yolks together with the sugar. Also take the bath until they change consistency, joins with the chocolate and now adds a little cream to ride. That is, 30 ml.
- Let this mixture of chocolate and yolks cool.
- While you prepare the rest of the cream (270 milliliters), take it to an inverse water bath. That is, over water and ice cubes. The cream should be in the refrigerator to work it. Beat very well until you get it up and double in volume. Mix the chocolate mixture with the cream. Refrigerate
- Now it’s time to fry the bananas. Cut them into slices. Sprinkle with lemon juice to prevent rusting.
- In a pan, place the butter with the sugar on moderate / low heat. Let it melt. Place the banana slices and let them cook for 4 minutes. Flavor with nutmeg and cinnamon powder.
- For the syrup, place the water, sugar, lemon juice and the touch of rum or cointreau in a small bowl. Let reduce a little. Remove from heat and wait for room temperature.
- Pass each of the sponge cake by this syrup and arrange then in the walls of the mold, as if it were a wall of soletillas.
- Place a layer of sabayon stuffing a layer of bananas and then a layer of sponge cake soaked in syrup. Repeat the process one more time. Finally, add a layer of sabayon and bananas.
- It takes at least four hours to the refrigerator. At the moment of serving, sprinkle some cocoa powder and decorate with peaks of whipped cream and grated chocolate.
Data of interest
- Difficulty: Moderate
- Preparation time : One hour and 20 minutes
- Cooling time: minimum 4 hours.
- As you can see, this charlot recipe with chocolate and banana has a high caloric component and a large amount of sugars. Here we have prepared it with sabayon cream, but you could also make a mousse or
- If you fear that the sabayon loses consistency when you take out the chocolate and banana charlotte from the refrigerator, add a little hydrated gelatine in water.
- You can also make a banana puree and add it to the sabayon, so you will not feel the pieces of banana in syrup. It will be a more smooth and delicate