The chocolate cake is a dessert with an intense and strong flavor. While most of the time you are looking for neutral flavors to complement it, this time we bring you this cake accompanied by a delicious lemon cream.
For the cake
- 125 g of dark chocolate
- 4 eggs
- 125 g of sugar
- 45 g of raspberry jam
- 60 g of butter
- 125 g of ground almonds
- 1 packet of baking powder
- Fresh raspberries (to decorate)
For the cream
- 125 g of sugar
- 150 ml of lemon juice
- 30 g of corn starch
- 100 g of butter
- 6 egg yolks
- Round 20 cm mold
- Wooden spoon
- Big bowl
- Small containers for reserving ingredients
- Pots for water bath
- Chop the chocolate and put it to melt in the water bath.
- When it has dissolved, add the butter and mix until they are well integrated.
- Separate the whites from the yolks and beat the latter in a large bowl until they are very creamy.
- Place the melted chocolate and almonds in the bowl.
- Sift the yeast over the chocolate and stir well until all the ingredients are integrated.
- Assemble the whites until they form peaks and the contents of the interior do not spill when you turn the container , for this it can help you from the blender.
- Preheat the oven to 180 ° C.
- Add the egg whites to the previous mixture very slowly, making circular movements so that they do not lose their texture.
- Enmanteca and flour a mold and pour the mixture into it.
- Put the mold in the oven and let the cake cook for at least 30 minutes.
- Over time, insert the tip of a knife in the center of the cake, if it comes out clean it means that your cake is ready.
- Remove it from the oven and let it cool inside the mold for 15 minutes at room temperature.
- Turn it over and unmold it on a rack, where you will leave it until it cools completely. Meanwhile you can proceed to prepare the lemon cream.
- Put the lemon juice in a small pot and take it to the stove over medium heat.
- Add 50 g of sugar and stir well.
- Dissolve the cornmeal in a little cold water.
- Mix with the lemon juice and mix continuously, until the mixture is very thick.
- Remove the cream from the heat and let cool.
- Beat the butter with what remains of sugar until you get a creamy dough.
- Place the egg yolks and continue beating until the result is a smooth paste.
- Add it to the lemon cream that you had resting and beat so that the ingredients are incorporated properly.
- Cover the entire surface of the cake with a layer of raspberry jam.
- Add a thick layer of lemon cream that you just prepared, taking care to cover the entire surface.
- Let the cake cool for 3 hours , which will make the lemon cream take texture and solidify.
- Garnish with pieces of fresh fruit that contrast with the color of lemon cream.
- Once decorated you can proceed to serve your dessert with a rich drink .
- Keep in mind that you should keep it refrigerated if you are not going to consume it immediately, because in this way it is better preserved.
Data of interest
- The flavor of the jam and the type of fruit you use are optional and will go according to your taste and that of your guests.
- If you want to save time you can melt the butter and chocolate in the microwave , you just have to take care that the chocolate does not lose a lot of liquid.
- For this recipe eggs and butter should be at room temperature , otherwise you will not get the textures necessary for its preparation.