Do not you think it’s a great idea to give your children a homemade custard instead of the industrial ones full of additives, preservatives and colors? Well, these egg-free chocolate custards are a great alternative, healthy and suitable for egg intolerant.
In addition you will not have any difficulty to make them since not having egg does not run the risk of being cut, as it can happen in the custard of a lifetime. And it is that when using the maizena as thickener, they are much simpler to elaborate. Ideal for inexperienced chefs who want to surprise.
Chocolate custard recipe without egg
- 1/2 liter of milk
- 25 g of cornstarch
- 15 g of cocoa powder
- 50 g chocolate tablet
- 100 g of
- 3 tablespoons of liquid cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla flavor
- 1 teaspoon ground
- 1 pinch of salt
- 1 bowl
- Hand rods
- 1 saucepan
- 1 plastic or wooden spoon
- Nice glasses
- The first thing you have to do is mix the ingredients dry : the cornstarch, the sugar, the cocoa powder, the salt, the vanilla aroma and the cinnamon.
- Add the milk and beat until there are no lumps.
- Put your mixture in a saucepan over medium-low heat until it thickens.
- When it is thick, add the cream and the chocolate cut into small pieces.
- Stir until all the ingredients are integrated.
- Serve in glasses and when it has cooled, put in the fridge.
Chocolate custard recipe without egg, espresso and light ”
These custards do not have either cornstarch or cream and only 3 tablespoons of cocoa, they are the perfect dessert for all those people who are on a diet and who want to allow a healthy dessert, very quick to make and low in calories. Take note!
- 800 ml of skimmed milk
- 3 spoons of cocoa to make chocolate to the cup low in calories
- 1 envelope of curd
- 1 saucepan
- 1 wooden spoon or plastic
- 1 colander
- Some drinks
- Heat the milk with the sweetener . Let it boil a little over medium-low heat.
- Remove from heat and add cocoa . Stir well until the cocoa is completely dissolved. If you see that there are lumps, pass the mixture through a sieve.
- Add the curd and put it back on the fire . When it starts to boil, remove.
- Serve it in glasses and when they are warm, put in the fridge.
Data of interest
- Level of difficulty: easy.
- Realization time: about 30 minutes for both recipes.
- This dessert is very well accompanied with whipped cream , strawberries or cherries and a few leaves of fresh
- If you want you can decorate with a cookie on top, sprinkled with a little cinnamon powder.
- If you want to subtract calories from custard you can use skim milk and sweetener 0% calories . You can also choose a cocoa, chocolate and low fat butter.
- These custards can also be the base for filling cakes, muffins, as the basis of a rice pudding and in general for a host of different sweets.
- Cover the custards with plastic wrap or aluminum foil, this way you will avoid taking flavors from the fridge.
Ideas for a very chic custard:
If you want to make a very simple dessert that catches the attention of your guests, we give you a few ideas:
Custard dessert “various colors”
- Choose some crystal glasses.
- Put a base of dulce de leche.
- Next the chocolate custard
- Finally, put whipped cream . Sprinkle with strawberry, caramel or chocolate syrup.
- Garnish with a leaf of fresh mint and a strawberry or a cherry.
Custard dessert “various textures”
In this case we are going to play with the textures.
- Cut a normal or chocolate sponge cake and put it on the base of the cup.
- Add the chocolate custard.
- Garnish with whipped cream and some chocolate or cinnamon powder shavings .