Training is one of the healthiest activities , but depending on individual goals, you should choose the best time of day to exercise.
Those who want to lose weight, for example, can not exercise at the same time as those who want to gain muscle mass or increase anaerobic resistance. The results will never be the same.
Although, many people organize their training agenda according to their time availability, it is not always the right thing to do. There are several parameters that allow you to identify when you should or should not subject the body to certain routines . In the same way that there are cycles for rest and hormones, there are also cycles for physical performance.
According to the experts, it is the of sleep and wakefulness (internal clock), determined by the sun, which controls the functions that affect the practice of sports . Therefore, athletes do not take a step without first evaluating the behavior of their internal clock, and the impact it has on their performance, speed and effort.
What is the best time of day to exercise?
Those who usually perform activities of mild to moderate intensity , can do so at any time, provided they enjoy good health and avoid excesses. However, the following considerations must be taken into account:
- In the morning the body temperature is at its lowest level, therefore, energy and blood flow are depleted . The cold along with the rigidity of the muscles, increases the risks of fractures or injuries.
- indicate that morning training sessions compromise the immune system , raising the chances of getting infections by bacteria or viruses.
- The body temperature and hormones reach their highest peak at 18 o’clock in the afternoon . Therefore, the body responds better to sporting demands.
- Between 4:00 pm and 5:00 pm the lungs function more adequately . The muscles become more flexible, the intensity is greater, the performance improves, and the stress is released more easily.
- Exercise between 3:00 pm and 7:00 pm , helps regulate food intake.
- Training at the beginning of the day, creates perseverance and forces timely rest. However, it requires more extensive heating, due to the of inactivity during sleep.
- Exercise generates
To achieve the goals you have to know how to choose the time of day to exercise . Depending on what you want to achieve, it can be done as follows:
- . Whoever tries to lose weight can train in the afternoon , when the metabolism starts to decrease. The colder the environment, the more calories can be burned.
- Increase aerobic resistance This is the biological ability to make an extensive effort at a medium or low intensity. The performance will be the same, regardless of the time you train .
- Gain anaerobic resistance To obtain flexibility, strength, power and speed, that is to say, to make short-duration efforts at high intensities, it is advisable to exercise from 18:00 in the afternoon and even at nightfall. Athletes tend to train at the same time of the competition, to ensure and monitor their performance.
- Develop muscle mass Hormones will be the best allies in this purpose if you train early in the morning or late afternoon.
Each organism is different
Although there are general suggestions, it is important to remember that each organism is different , and that the responses to the stimuli are not the same in all cases. Calculate , according to circadian cycles, is a way to determine what is the best time of day to exercise.
For this, it is necessary to keep a control for five or six consecutive days (with measurements every two hours) to establish an average figure. You can train three hours before or three hours after the highest number is presented.
If this is complicated, and what is sought is to maintain a good state of health, there are other options. Beyond undergoing strict and sacrificed regimes, a 30-minute workout a day can work. Doing it in the open air, great benefits are obtained, but it is convenient to disregard the hours from 11:00 in the morning to 4:00 in the afternoon.
Main image courtesy of © wikiHow.com