Vanillas also called “biscuits to cuillere” have such because is elaborated with a spoon “cuillere”; the spoon was filled with the mixture and spread with the characteristic shape that this sweet preserves today.
When they come to mind, memories of childhood appear … the grandmother’s snacks with the vanilla dipped in hot chocolate. Do you want to remember old times? Well, nothing better than making your own homemade vanilla. They have nothing to do with those sold in supermarkets !.
Recipe of homemade vanilla
- 3 large eggs
- 100-125 g of sugar
- 100 g of flour
- Powdered sugar
- Vanilla aroma
- 1 pinch of
- Grated lemon half (optional)
- Half a glass of water
- 1 pinch of salt
- Butter for enmantecar
Note: with this amount you have about 25 vanilla.
- A whisk of manual rods or a blender with rods
- 2 bowls
- A pastry bag (better if it is disposable)
- Butter paper or a Silpat
- A coffee grinder
- Preheat the oven to 200 ºC.
- Separate the whites and the yolks . Be careful not to leave any remainder in the clear of shells or buds.
- Beat the egg yolks with a mixer of electric rods in a bowl with half the sugar, vanilla, cinnamon and lemon zest, until they turn a whitish color.
- Beat the Salt makes it easier to assemble.
- Put the 2 mixes together until you have a smooth and frothy cream with a manual rod blender and with enveloping movements, trying not to miss the air we have achieved when beating.
- Sift flour , it is very important that you do not skip this step.
- Add the flour very carefully not to lower the shake that we have achieved.
- Line a tray with butter paper, butter and then put the flour.
- Put the mixture in a pastry bag and go making your vanilla on the baking tray.
- Sprinkle the vanilla with icing sugar .
- Sprinkle the vanilla with a few drops of water . With the sugar and
- Enter your vanilla in the oven . Do not leave them too long, between 10 and 12 minutes. Only until they take color. The vanillas are characterized by their color of clarito custard.
Data of interest:
- The Silpat is a silicone plate . Do not put butter or flour. It is great to make this type of candy (cookies, piononos, masses, etc). There are also plates with the shape of vanilla, so that you all leave the same. Although you subtract that craft point that you like so much.
- Scents and scratches should be incorporated into the first fat mixture . The flavors are better absorbed.
- Make the vanilla on the tray separated from each other . Keep in mind that they will then increase almost twice their size.
- If you want your candy to be totally healthy, make the icing yourself . The icing sugar they sell usually has some additives. You just have to put the sugar in a coffee grinder and grind it until you get the texture of the powder.
- Unmold vanilla when warm. This will prevent them from breaking.
- The best way to accompany the vanilla is with a good hot chocolate .
- If you are one of those people who like everything very natural, you can make enough vanilla to make another delicious homemade dessert:
- You can prepare your vanilla smooth or with a slightly curly shape . It depends on the peak of your pastry bag.
- The cooking time that we have marked is indicative . It depends on each oven. The best thing is that you know your oven well and that you observe the cooking through the door. Never open it while they are cooking.