The Bolognese pasta is a classic in the kitchen to accompany pasta . Its essential ingredient is ground beef, which can be ox, pork, calf, or the combination of these. Then, it is complemented with a delicious , which is onion, celery and carrot combined in picadillo.
Origin of the Bolognese pasta
This is one of the most cooked dishes in Italy and the truth is that it is delicious. In his hometown, he is known as a ragù . The best thing about this preparation is that it is very easy to elaborate.
The Camera di Commercio Industria Artigianato e Agricoltura di Bologna has the official recipe for this pasta, which is preserved to maintain its originality.
On this occasion, we bring you the original recipe to prepare this exquisite accompaniment. Then, we will share some variations in case you want to give it a personal touch.
Ingredients to prepare Bolognese pasta
These are the ingredients you will need to prepare Bolognese pasta.
- 1/2 kg of ground meat (pork, beef or lamb, etc., just make sure it is lean).
- 1 bay leaf.
- 1 pinch of rosemary
- 3 cloves of garlic (2 g).
- 1 can .
- 1 medium onion (200 g).
- 1 tbsp butter (30 g).
- 1/2 glass of (50 mL).
- Parmesan cheese grated (to taste).
- Olive oil, salt and pepper (to taste).
This recipe uses already made tomato paste, so we will omit its preparation from chopped tomatoes, at least for the moment.
- Pour the olive oil in a pan and let it heat up.
- Chop the garlic and onion and pour in the oil, along with the bay leaf and the pinch of rosemary, and sofríelos until they have a golden color.
- Once they are well fried, pour the meat and add salt and pepper to taste.
- Stir well for approximately 10 to 15 minutes.
- When the meat is cooked, add half a glass of wine. Let the wine evaporate while you continue stirring the preparation.
- Once the wine has evaporated add the tomato paste and stir constantly to prevent the paste from sticking.
- For the pasta to cook well, let it simmer for about 1 hour. It is probably a good idea to add a half glass of water to prevent it from sticking to the pan. Stir from time to time.
- Add to your favorite pasta and spread the Parmesan cheese evenly.
If you have some pasta left over, you can store it in a plastic jar and store it in the freezer . This is the basic way to prepare Bolognese pasta.
But there are some small variations that you can apply if you want to give a slightly different touch to the pasta. We explain them to you next.
Variants of the Bolognese pasta recipe
As we have explained, the Bolognese pasta has some adiments or modifications that you can perfectly prepare yourself .
The truth is that it costs nothing and you can in fact try some variants for different dishes. The important thing is that you enjoy the different ways of preparing it.
Apart from the ingredients mentioned in this recipe, there are some that you can add:
- 2 branches of
- 1 glass of white wine, you can use this instead of red wine if you prefer (50 mL).
- Carrot (Add it in pieces when you sauté the chopped garlic and onion).
- 1 tbsp of oregano, add together with the wine and before the tomato sauce (5 g).
Instead of tomato sauce
The tomato, along with the onion and ground beef are the three essential ingredients. Instead of using already made tomato paste you can prepare your own by mashing about 5 or 6 pear tomatoes.
In this case, sauté the garlic and then add the tomato in small pieces and let it simmer for 20 minutes. At the end of 20 minutes, add a teaspoon of sugar.
To ensure that your sauce remains with good flavor and consistency, keep in mind the following recommendations:
- If you want to save time, cut the vegetables together in a shredder. Do not use blender because we want to keep small pieces.
- Be careful to maintain the thickness of the sauce. Do not add much water.
- If you are using tomatoes, make sure they have been completely discarded.
- Serve and enjoy the famous Bolognese pasta!