Every so often, the news surprise us by pointing out that this or that brand of cosmetics includes in its products. In the majority of the occasions, the companies are not conscious of the harmful effects of the same ones .
However, regardless of the company’s intentions, the damage is already done.
Therefore, it is worth asking what guarantee we have that the articles we are using now do not also have any harmful component.
However, there is a way to avoid this concern: bet on making them yourself. So, you know its ingredients and you can use them with total peace of mind .
To facilitate the change, we decided to talk to you today about how to exfoliate your skin with homemade products.
As you know, cleansing the skin is essential to have a healthy and youthful appearance, given that the impurities prevent proper hydration.
It is worth including this action in our care, right?
In this sense, they will also help you prevent the appearance of fine lines and other signs of aging .
Also, the preparations you use later, such as anti-wrinkle creams or similar, will penetrate better in the dermis.
How to exfoliate your skin with homemade products
Exfoliating with brown sugar
As you know, most exfoliants are composed of solid granules to penetrate the pores . This would be the function of brown sugar.
However, to use it, we have to add it to a base. So, continuing with our goal of going to the most natural, we will show you how to make a cucumber cleansing lotion.
- 1 ripe cucumber
- ½ cup of skimmed milk (125 ml)
- ½ cup of rose water (125 ml)
- Chop the cucumber into small pieces
- Mix skimmed milk and rose water
- Cool in the fridge for two hours
Once the natural tonic is prepared, it is only necessary to add the brown sugar and apply the remedy with circular movements .
Olive oil and brown sugar
You may be surprised that to exfoliate your skin with homemade products we recommend an element that provides fat. However, olive oil is not just any product.
On the contrary, it is an amazing article for its benefits, among which is its incredible ability to moisturize the skin .
- ¼ cup of brown sugar (66 g)
- 3 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil (48 g)
- Combine both ingredients in a container until you get a homogeneous product.
- Then, apply it with circular movements, anywhere on the skin.
- For better comfort we recommend applying it in the shower.
Yogurt with oatmeal
We have already spoken to you on other occasions about the advantages of using yogurt for the skin. Among them, the most important for an exfoliant is its ability to revitalize dead cells .
Also, return your pH to healthy levels. Thus, oatmeal becomes the ideal companion, because it has the same properties.
The result will be a healthy, shiny dermis and, above all, with a very youthful appearance. Therefore, if you already begin to worry about the signs of aging, this is your remedy.
- 1 tablespoon oat flakes (10 g)
- ½ container of natural yogurt (60 g)
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice (10 ml)
- Crush the oat flakes a little
- In a suitable container, mix the yogurt with the oats and lemon until there is a more or less homogeneous paste.
- Apply the preparation on the face and let it act for about fifteen minutes before removing it with cold water.
- To finish, we recommend consolidating your action with a good
These are the best natural alternatives to pharmacological solutions. As you see, you will not need much time to prepare them.
In the same way, its ingredients are easy to find, what do you think if you try some for a while and tell us the result? You have nothing to lose.
Unless you are allergic to any of its ingredients, you will not notice any harmful side effects , and if you share your experience with us, the whole community will benefit.