The accumulation of dead cells, excessive dryness and continuous friction with the footwear are the main causes of cracked heels.
This problem, common in the population, usually occurs due to the lack of attention that most people have with their feet.
And, although they play a very important role in our lives, many people downplay the importance of the care they need.
For this reason it is essential to give them an adequate treatment , applying products that help restore the health of your skin.
While there are several commercial creams and ointments, we can also prepare 100% natural remedies that, for a low cost, provide similar effects.
In the next space we want to share 5 good options so do not hesitate to try them when you notice this problem on your feet.
1. Lemon, glycerin and rose water
The combination of ingredients that we propose in this natural remedy is ideal to decrease the presence of dead cells and impurities on the surface of the feet.
Its moisturizing compounds help repair and, in turn, leave a soft and pleasant texture on the heels.
- The juice of 1 lemon
- 2 tablespoons of glycerin (20 ml)
- 3 tablespoons of rose water (30 ml)
- Incorporate all the ingredients in a container and mix until they are well integrated.
- Wash your feet with warm water and, after making sure they are clean, apply the treatment on your heels.
- Let it act for 30 minutes and rinse.
- Repeat its use every day until relieving the affected area.
2. Coconut oil and sodium bicarbonate
This, in addition to repairing the cracked heels, decreases the presence of bacteria, fungi and infectious microorganisms.
- 2 tablespoons of coconut oil (30 g)
- 1 ½ tablespoon of baking soda (15 g)
- Add the ingredients in a bowl and mix until a thick paste is obtained.
- Extend the mask on clean feet, focusing on dry and cracked heels.
- Let them act for 30 minutes and give them gentle circular massage.
- Rinse with warm water and repeat at least 3 times a week.
3. Banana and avocado
The moisturizing properties of banana and avocado can help rehydrate dry and injured heels.
Its fatty acids and essential amino acids stimulate and leave the surface of the skin healthy and smooth.
- ½ ripe avocado
- 1 ripe banana
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil (16 g)
- Remove the pulp from half an avocado and crush it with a ripe banana.
- After obtaining a puree, add the olive oil and mix.
- Extend the treatment on the heels and let it act for 30 minutes.
- Rinse with warm water and repeat its application every night before going to sleep.
4. Vaseline and coarse sugar
The moisturizing power of Vaseline combined with the exfoliating effect of coarse sugar allows us to obtain an ideal treatment for cracked heels.
- 1 tablespoon of Vaseline (20 g)
- 1 tablespoon coarse sugar (10 g)
- Combine Vaseline with sugar until a uniform paste is obtained.
- Rub the cream on your heels and let it act for 15 minutes.
- Rinse with warm water and repeat its use every night.
5. Oatmeal and honey
The homemade cream of oatmeal and honey can be applied on the avoid excess dryness and the accumulation of dead cells.
Its antioxidants, vitamins and minerals protect the skin and stimulate its repair.
- 3 tablespoons of oatmeal (30 g)
- 2 tablespoons of honey of bees (50 g)
- Add the oatmeal in a bowl and mix it with the honey.
- After obtaining a creamy paste, clean the feet and rub the treatment.
- Make sure you completely cover your heels and let it act for 40 minutes.
- Rinse and repeat its use at least 3 times a week.
As you can see, preparing your own treatments for cracked heels is quite simple and economical.
Choose the option that most catches your attention and use it continuously to get good results.