Thanks to different research that has been done in recent years, it has been confirmed that many already feared: Coca Cola has serious effects on our health from the first moment we ingest it. For several years they have been doing different health campaigns with which it is intended that people eliminate beverages such as from their diet. However, the figures of consumers of this product continue to be very alarming, since it is estimated that every 16 hours, 1,600 million Coca Cola products are consumed in the world.
What are the harmful effects of Coca Cola?
Coca Cola is full of compounds that are harmful to our health, which can lead to problems in the short and long term . Just know that a single can or bottle contains 10 tablespoons of sugar, in addition to other chemicals that affect different important organs of our body.
What happens when you consume Coca Cola
- At 10 minutes : receiving 10 tablespoons of sugar in one fell swoop causes a devastating effect on our body. The reason why we do not vomit is due to the production of phosphoric acid that our body provides.
- At 20 minutes: glucose causes
- At 40 minutes: our body will have completely absorbed caffeine. As a result, the pupils dilate, the blood pressure rises and the liver releases more sugar in the torrent. This in turn causes the adenosine receptors (the predominant molecule in the sleep process) to block and prevent us from becoming sleepy.
- At 45 minutes: our body begins to produce more dopamine, a substance that stimulates our cerebral pleasure centers. This type of effect is compared to that produced by heroin.
- At 60 minutes: after an hour it is likely that we feel that desire to urinate. What we do not know is that when urinating we will be evacuating calcium, magnesium and zinc, which were directed towards the bones, among other important substances that could not be absorbed by our body. As time goes by, it begins to have a low
What harmful substances does Coca Cola contain?
As we have already mentioned, in addition to its high sugar content, Coca Cola also has other components that are harmful to health. Here we share its main components and effects on our health.
- Carbonated water: this ingredient causes gastric secretion, increasing the acidity of the gastric juice and also
- Sodium cyclamate or sugar substitute: it is a component that gives a taste up to 200 times sweeter than sugar. Research found that its use increases the risk of bladder cancer, so in 1969 it was banned by the US Food and Drug Administration. (FDA, for its acronym in English).
- Aspartame: is another substitute for sugar that was also banned by the FDA. When exposed to elevated temperatures, it breaks down into methanol (alcohol) and phenylalanine, which are substances that destroy the optic nerve and can cause blindness.
- Orthophosphoric acid: is a very acid component that can cause skin and
Alternative uses of Coca Cola
- Coca Cola is a beverage that has been used to clean the vehicle’s engine.
- In the United States, the police use Coca Cola to clean the road of possible blood spillage after a traffic accident or murder.
- Coca Cola is a substance used to
- In India, farmers use Coca Cola as pesticides for the extermination of crop pests, as it is an economic and very effective product.
- One of the most famous and effective tricks is to use Coca Cola to uncover the pipe.