There are people who need to activate their metabolism because they have difficulty losing weight despite dieting. By having a slow metabolism, they burn fewer calories than normal , so they get fat easily.
In this article we share a delicious and refreshing drink of ginger and mint to activate the metabolism naturally.
What is metabolism?
Metabolism is the process that our body performs to transform the food we consume into energy.
The metabolism determines the energy expenditure we make, and is related to body temperature, respiration, circulation, etc. It is, therefore, essential that our metabolism works correctly: neither too fast nor too slow.
The slowness of our metabolism can be mild or more serious. In these cases it is usually caused by a disorder such as hypothyroidism or insulin resistance.
In any case, it is frequently related to hormonal imbalances.
We must bear in mind that eating small amounts or low calories also slows down the metabolism as a survival mechanism.
Therefore, we do not recommend hypocaloric diets to . Ideally, increase the consumption of healthy proteins and fats and reduce carbohydrates, especially refined ones.
How do we know if we have a slow metabolism?
Some symptoms can confirm us that our metabolism is too slow include:
- We fatten easily.
- We struggle to lose weight despite dieting.
- We tend to accumulate fat in the waist area.
- We are frioleras people.
- We feel tired often.
- It’s hard to get up in the morning.
- Our digestions are slow or heavy.
- We have a tendency to constipation.
The great advantage of mint is that it is a remedy that stimulates the body without causing overexcitation .
This effect is produced by substances such as coffee, alcohol or cola drinks. Although they cause an acceleration, it is temporary and can have negative effects on health.
This root increases sweating and, therefore, the elimination of fluids and toxins. For this reason, it is one of the best remedies to lose weight without going hungry.
It also has digestive, antibiotic, analgesic and anti-inflammatory properties . It is a highly recommended food to drink on a regular basis, especially for women.
Drink to activate the metabolism
To prepare this drink to activate the metabolism we will need the following ingredients:
- 1 sprig of fresh mint leaves
- 1 piece of fresh ginger or a teaspoon of ginger powder (6 g)
- 4 cups of water (1 liter)
- Stevia to taste to sweeten
- To make this stimulant drink we only have to beat the ingredients with the water and then strain the drink.
- We will sweeten it with
- We can take this cold or hot drink.
- To be effective, we will always drink it outside of meals, especially when fasting . In this way we will start the day with energy and ready to burn calories.
To activate the metabolism we can also follow these tips:
- Sleep the necessary time and make sure that the rest is restful.
- Drink water throughout the day , fasting and outside meals.
- Do intensity exercise in a habitual way. Muscle mass accelerates metabolism. We recommend practicing sports at intervals.
- Make five meals a day and do not skip any, especially breakfast. Dinners should always be light and not too late.
- Incorporate spicy spices (cayenne pepper, ginger, etc.), green tea or ginseng into our diet.
- Shower with cold water or alternate temperatures.
- Combat sedentary lifestyle and avoid sitting too long without getting up.
- Avoid miracle diets and eat a balanced and healthy diet.