The use of mayonnaise as a mask is ideal for people with dry hair , which requires maximum hydration.
Generally, the main reason why the hair is in poor condition are poor cleaning routines, lack of water and vitamins.
In contrast, elements such as omega 3 fatty acids, vitamin E, vitamin C and some other nutrients found in mayonnaise make it a practical remedy for healthy hair.
Why is mayonnaise ideal?
Some of the main ingredients of mayonnaise are egg, vinegar and oil.
It also softens the hair cuticle.
The most indicated is apple cider vinegar, since it is more nutritious because it contains more enzymes and minerals.
In Eastern cultures it is common to apply oil to the hair to protect it from the sun and from pollution.
In India, for example, women follow this custom and as a result have long, strong, shiny, hydrated and nourished hair.
The most popular are coconut, sesame, virgin olive and sunflower.
In summary, the benefits of mayonnaise for hair are the following:
- It is moisturizing for the scalp
- Provides softness and shine to hair
- The hair becomes manageable
- Reduces the curled effect
- Repairs damaged tips and minimizes hair loss
Prepare your own mayonnaise
If you want to try the mask, you can use both commercial and homemade mayonnaise.
Obviously, it will be preferable to select unprocessed products to receive the natural benefits of the mayonnaise components.
In the case of homemade mayonnaise, its preparation is very simple. However, the amount of ingredients will depend on the size and quantity of your mane.
The following recipe is intended for a person with short hair. If this is not your case, you can integrate a proportional amount.
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons of oil (32 g)
- 1 tablespoon of apple cider vinegar (10 ml)
- In a tall bowl add the egg, vinegar and oil.
- With the help of the blender we emulsify all the ingredients at maximum speed , integrating the oil little by little, until you notice that a creamy consistency is achieved.
- Once it is ready, apply it to damp hair.
- Subsequently, cover your hair with a bathing cap so that moisture does not escape and on this we will place a towel.
- You should leave the mixture on the hair for 25 to 40 minutes , depending on the degree of hair damage . In fact, heat can be applied to the hair to accelerate the absorption of nutrients.
- After the time of rest, rinse your hair with cold water and wash it as usual.
The application is the same as in the case of homemade mayonnaise and, when finished, you can wash it as you usually do in your washing routine.
Depending on the type of hair of each person we should apply mayonnaise in one or other areas. Here we explain briefly these conditions.
Dry and fine hair
- In the case of dry and fine hair, it will be applied from root to tip once every two weeks for 20 minutes.
- If you notice that your hair is greasy despite doing a good cleaning with shampoo, reduces the periodicity to once a month.
- If the hair is dry but the scalp is oily, it is preferable to apply it only from the middle to the tips once every two weeks.
- As you notice that your hair is more hydrated, the periodicity decreases for once a month.
- On the other hand, if your hair is dry and breaks, it is better to use only the yolk of the egg and add two tablespoons of honey (50 g).
We hope that these tips and remedies on how to use mayonnaise will be useful for you to enjoy incredible hair all year round.