Consuming the foods of the season brings great benefits . Knowing the fruits and vegetables that you take in the fall helps your health and your pocket.
After the high summer temperatures, the weather begins to change. The environment becomes colder and with it come infections and colds.
Taking advantage of the fruits and vegetables that take in the autumn helps to strengthen the immune system, as well as the body’s natural defenses.
In addition, consuming seasonal foods is a way of contributing to the environment, since these foods do not require more transportation for distribution.
Fruits to take in autumn
Autumn fruits and vegetables are rich in antioxidants . They also contain high contents of vitamin C, indispensable for the time.
Unlike summer, autumn foods are meatier. This helps increase the body’s caloric load to withstand temperature changes.
- The mandarin topped the list for its high content of vitamin B. In addition, it has anti-inflammatory properties, important after the summer.
The tangerine can be taken and eaten anywhere. It’s the ideal snack for half the morning.
- The apple enjoys countless benefits. There are also a variety of ways to consume it.
- Of the family of apples, the pear is also a good diuretic. It has antioxidant properties . It contains a high content of sugars, fiber and minerals.
- The grape is the fruit par excellence in autumn . It is at its best, especially the black grape.
Thanks to its properties, it helps to strengthen the walls of blood vessels. You can eat it naturally or mix it with yogurt and granola for a full breakfast.
Both dry and fresh, it can be a good accompaniment to salads or sausages.
- In addition to striking, the pomegranate is a fruit with a high content of vitamins. It is an antioxidant and helps fight the aging of cells .
As with grapes, yogurt can be included. Either for breakfast or a nutritious snack.
Healthy vegetables for autumn
- As it is composed mostly of water, eggplant is an excellent Do not miss in weight loss diets because of their low calories.
One way to prepare it is roasted or grilled. In this way, it becomes the ideal ingredient of any meal.
- Although there is a perception that only fruits reinforce the immune system, broccoli is part of the job. It is a cruciferous vegetable with a high content of vitamin C.
In addition, it provides fiber and proteins to the body.
Vegetables such as pumpkin, vegetables such as cauliflower
- In soup, roasted or mashed, pumpkin is an option to regulate the digestive system . This is because it is rich in fiber.
It also has large amounts of vitamins A, C, K and E. Its antioxidant power helps decrease the aging of cells .
It is a rich option to prepare desserts.
- In general , cauliflower is associated with . However, contrary to what is believed, this vegetable improves digestion.
It has a high fiber content, which favors intestinal health. In addition, it provides folic acid, important in pregnant women.
- Chestnuts Chestnuts are a rich snack option, or to reduce anxiety between meals. They can be eaten raw or roasted. The latter are more popular in winter.
- Green vegetables are very rich in vitamins and iron . Spinach in particular has a high nutritional value. They also improve the immune system.
The list of fruits and vegetables to take in the fall is long. In addition to the above, you can include cabbages, Swiss chard, artichokes, kiwi, persimmon and avocado.
One recommendation is to visit the nearest food stall and choose from the variety offered there.
Always local and are the best . Not only are they the healthiest, but also the richest.