Gansito dessert is a classic of Mexican pastry. It was created in 1957 by the firm Marinela, belonging to the Bimbo brand. The image of the product, gave name to the cake “Gansito “. If you want to make your own dessert and 100% natural, we give you the recipe.
Gansito dessert recipe
For the cake:
- 250 g of flour
- 6 eggs
- 1 tablespoon of yeast
- a pinch of salt
- Butter for the mold
For the filling:
For the strawberry jam:
- 1 kg of strawberries
- 700 g of sugar
- The juice of a lemon
- 1 bowl
- 1 manual beater
- 1 sieve
- 1 mold
- Sulfite paper
- 1 large knife or a pie cutter
- 1 saucepan
- 1 wooden or plastic spoon
- 1 spatula
If you’re going to make the marmalade yourself:
- 1 large bowl
- 1 large pot
- 1 wooden spoon
Preparation of the sponge cake:
- Preheat the oven to 180ºC.
- Beat the with the sugar until you have a white cream. Add vanilla essence and orange zest.
- Sift the flour, the yeast and the salt.
- Spread a mold with butter and place a sulfite paper .
- Add the mixture and place in the oven . Bake about 30 minutes .
Preparation of the filling:
- Beat 300 ml cream until you get a thick texture.
- Cut your cake in half with a large knife or a cake cutter.
- Fill the sponge cake with the cream and the strawberry jam.
Preparation of marmalade:
- Wash the strawberries and cut them into finite strips.
- Put them in a bowl with the sugar and let them marinate for a day so that they release all their juice.
- The next day place your strawberries in a large pot and sprinkle them with the juice of a
- Cook them on low heat and without cover between 1 and 3 hours.
- Go by removing with a spoon the foam that is forming.
- To know that your jam is ready, put a teaspoon on a plate, when it is cold slide it on a plate, if it moves with difficulty is that and you have it ready .
- We have given you some quantities to be over, but to keep it, put it still hot in previously sterilized glass jars.
Preparation of the ganache:
- Put 200 ml of cream in a saucepan and let it boil.
- Chop the chocolate.
- Add the chocolate in the saucepan with cream, previously removed from the heat.
- Do not stop stirring until the chocolate is completely melted.
Finishing the cake:
- Pour the chocolate in the center of the cake and spread on all sides with the help of a spatula.
- You can decorate it with chocolate nuggets .
- Put it in the fridge and do not remove it until the chocolate is solidified.
Data of interest:
- Difficulty: Medium
- Processing time: about 1 hour, if you are going to use industrial jam.
- This cake is ideal accompanied by a little whipped cream .
- If you want to subtract calories from your dessert, use the “lights” ingredients .
Recommendations to make a perfect cake:
- Use top quality ingredients . They guarantee a perfect final result and taste.
- Always use a gentle little flour and gluten, suitable for baking. Your cake will come out more with a uniform and light texture.
- Assemble the eggs well to sponge the sponge cake.
- It is better to use grid and half height than tray for the oven.
- The best molds without a doubt the removable ones. If the mixture is very liquid, then use silicone . They have to be of quality so that the silicone does not bulge and deform your sponge cake with heat.
- Always preheat the oven to 180 ° C. Never put your sponge cake in cold. To save on electricity it is enough to preheat them 15 minutes before.
- Remove the cake immediately from the oven . If you leave it inside it will dry and wrinkle.
- Do not unmold the cake until it is at least warm. If you do it hot it will break easily.