The pumpkin bun with icing is a delicious dessert very simple to make. It is a sponge cake, whose main ingredient is pumpkin, so it becomes a must for Halloween or autumn. In addition, its crunchy sugar glaze of the cover, create a contrast of textures: spongy and crunchy, really unique.
In this article we are going to show you how to make a glazed pumpkin bun, as well as different glaze variants.
Classic frosted pumpkin bun
- 300 g of pumpkin
- 300 g flour
- 100 g of ground almonds
- 250 g of sugar
- 4 eggs
- 80 g of flour
- 1 pinch of salt
- 1 teaspoon of baking powder
For the glaze:
- 1 sachet of vanilla sugar (125 g)
- Egg white stocking
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- Standing mixer or food processor
- Mold for oven
- Electric rods
- Pastry thermometer
- Preheat the oven to 170 ºC.
- If you have a food processor, add the
- Then add the flour, almonds, a pinch of salt and sugar. Then add the yeast. Beat everything until a homogeneous mass remains.
- Butter a ring-shaped mold and bake for 40 minutes .
- Mix the ingredients of the glaze in a bowl and pour over the sponge cake.
- Let the bun cool and unmold. Let it rest on a plate.
Note: this recipe can be made with carrot instead of pumpkin. Spectacular!
Here we give other variants of glaze.
Do you dare to make a delicious orange glaze instead of the traditional sugar glaze? The result is amazing.
- 1 egg white
- 150 g of icing sugar
- 1 tablespoon of orange juice.
- Hot water
- Orange aroma (optional)
- Orange coloring (optional)
- With the electric rods we mount the to the point of snow.
- While stirring, add the icing sugar until a thicker mixture is obtained.
- While stirring pour the tablespoon of orange juice.
- You can add a little coloring for orange pastry and also a few drops of orange flavor if you wish.
- If the mixture is too thick, we can add a little hot water.
- Finally pour the orange glaze over the cake little by little and wait until it hardens to eat it.
And if you’re a chocolate lover, like most mortals, why not cover our pumpkin bun with a chocolate glaze instead of the traditional sugar glaze ?
- 50 g of milk chocolate
- 50 g of dark chocolate
- 2 teaspoons of walnut oil or sunflower oil
- In the water bath we will place a container and introduce the two chocolates cut into small pieces and the
- Once the pumpkin bun is cold, we will bathe it with the glaze that should be at a temperature of 31-32ºC. This is measured with a pastry thermometer.
- We can decorate with nuts and let the chocolate finish cooling.
- You can also try decorating your glazed pumpkin bun with nuts, sliced almonds, chocolate shavings, chocolate pieces, a Kit Kat made in pieces, chocolates, etc.
- Its rounded shape with a hole in the center will allow it to be served easily.
Inside the glazed pumpkin bun, and before putting it in the oven, you can add chocolate chips or pips, or a few drops of strawberry jam …
Image courtesy of